Windows 10: Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

Discus and support Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HamidSeyed, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you:

The problem is because of copier software you are using in Windows, if you copy/move folder with Windows default copier, the problem will fix. But if you are looking for a software for copy/move with no problem like what I said, the "Teracopy" is the best! with this software you can also copy/move files to "Program Files (x86)" folder with no more disappearing problem. OK! Hope this help you!

:)

HamidSeyed, Mar 25, 2019

2. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you:

The problem is because of copier software you are using in Windows, if you copy/move folder with Windows default copier, the problem will fix. But if you are looking for a software for copy/move with no problem like what I said, the "Teracopy" is the best!
    with this software you can also copy/move files to "Program Files (x86)" folder with no more disappearing problem. OK! Hope this help you!

HamidSeyed, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

1. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place. - Similar Threads - Custom folder icon

2. Desktop icons keep moving in default place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving in default place: I want to organize my desktop where I can group my apps. However, the icons keeps going to a default place. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-moving-in-default-place/30d62f8d-06bd-492b-9079-9908328a59d4
  3. Desktop icons keep moving in default place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons keep moving in default place: I want to organize my desktop where I can group my apps. However, the icons keeps going to a default place. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-moving-in-default-place/30d62f8d-06bd-492b-9079-9908328a59d4
  4. Desktop icons keep moving in default place

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. desktop icons keep moving into default place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep moving into default place: I want to organize my desktop and sort my app for me to find which app I need to open for work. However, whenever I tried to move to the right side, it's going back to the left side by default. Is there a possibility to do that?...
  6. desktop icons keep moving into default place

desktop icons keep moving into default place: I want to organize my desktop and sort my app for me to find which app I need to open for work. However, whenever I tried to move to the right side, it's going back to the left side by default. Is there a possibility to do that?...
  7. Desktop icons keep moving to default place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons keep moving to default place: I really want my desktop to be customized wherein each icons are on group. For example the editing softwares are together and the games are together on a specific spot on my desktop.However whenever I move the games on the right side, it always goes back to the left side...
  8. Desktop icons keep moving to default place

Desktop icons keep moving to default place: I really want my desktop to be customized wherein each icons are on group. For example the editing softwares are together and the games are together on a specific spot on my desktop.However whenever I move the games on the right side, it always goes back to the left side...
  9. Desktop icons keep moving to default place

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying: Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the icon changes (No problem), but when I move/copy that folder, the new icon does not show and the hidden ".ini" file will appear...