Windows 10: Custom Folder Icons issue

Discus and support Custom Folder Icons issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic. I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SheragimGhaeini, May 11, 2020.

1. Custom Folder Icons issue

Hello,

I'm totally new to this community so I don't know if I'm posting it in the right topic.

I'm making customized DVD shape folder icons for my movies. As long as it is PNG it's fine. When I convert it into *.ico with "Any to Icon" and export it to my desktop it is fine too Image 1. But As soon as I move it to another folder it's squeeze to square Image 2. I've tried different methods, Thumbnails Cleanup,... it didn't work.

I'd appreciate if someone can help me with this issue.

Image 1: While the icon file is on my desktop:

Custom Folder Icons issue 504de503-ed96-4b54-b129-9ca51315b274?upload=true.jpg

Image 2: When I move it to a folder:

Custom Folder Icons issue 793a7b8a-c2dd-4e3d-8ae0-348925b92598?upload=true.jpg

:)

SheragimGhaeini, May 11, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, May 11, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, May 11, 2020
  4. Custom Folder Icons issue

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Custom Folder Icons issue

1. Custom Folder Icons issue - Similar Threads - Custom Folder Icons

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  5. Cannot customize folder icons

Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  6. Windows 11 Folder custom Icon Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Folder custom Icon Issue: After updating to windows 11, the option to customize "Choose a file to show on this folder icon" does not change the folder's display image even after applying, I have tried the solutions displayed here "...
  7. Windows 11 Folder custom Icon Issue

Windows 11 Folder custom Icon Issue: After updating to windows 11, the option to customize "Choose a file to show on this folder icon" does not change the folder's display image even after applying, I have tried the solutions displayed here "...
  8. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  9. Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently: I recently a few months ago found out that I can change the icons of folders. Seeing the potential usefulness of this I made my own custom icons by building vector icons in CorelDraw 2018, the graphic design software I use on a day to day basis. Ive spent a lot of time...
  10. Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders': Custom Icons for This PC 'Folders' ----- I first posted this as a reply to a tutorial but then I noticed it is better suited here ----- First of all, thanks for this guide and all other guides that eliminate the junk that's just useless and irritating. I don't need...