Windows 10: Custom folder pinned to taskbar?

Discus and support Custom folder pinned to taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to pin one or more folders to the taskbar? I know I can access it through the file explorer's jumplist but this involves too many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krytoned, Aug 29, 2015.

1. krytoned Win User

Custom folder pinned to taskbar?

Is there a way to pin one or more folders to the taskbar?
    I know I can access it through the file explorer's jumplist but this involves too many clicks, and I like to be able to access my Downloads and Dropbox folder from the task bar, not the start menu.

Or at least if I double-click on the file explorer icon in the taskbar, it takes me to my custom folder straightaway instead of 'This PC' or 'Quick Access'...

:)

krytoned, Aug 29, 2015

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Not sure why Windows disallows pinning Folders, Control Panel / Settings pages.

Custom Taskbar toolbar
    comes in handy in such cases.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Can't we sort Quick Access items?

Hi Cathy,

Items in the Quick access view can't be sorted as you like. It's a special folder designed that way. The "recent files" section, files that are most recently accessed are shown at the top. For Frequent folders listing, its sorted as:

Pinned Special folders

Pinned folders

Recent folders

Two things that can be changed:

1. Mix up Frequent folders and Recent files listing, instead of them being shown in separate groups.

2. Sort "frequent folders" items by name regardless of type (whether it's a special folder, pinned normal folder or a recent folder.)

Unfortunately, both of this involve editing the registry.

For custom sort, AFAIK, that can't be done for Quick access.. and even if it were possible it might involve editing the registry and changing the shell folder bitmask values.

Two other workarounds would be:

1. Pin "Recent folders" in Quick Access.

2. Pin "Recent folders" as a separate namespace item, appearing below Quick access section.

REF: How to Pin Recent folders or Recent Places to the Navigation Pane in Windows 10 File Explorer

Benefit: Items in this view can be custom sorted.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 29, 2015
  5. krytoned Win User
    Yeah I know, I saw it a couple of seconds ago, but I was not able to delete the thread. Thanks anyway.

krytoned, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's ok. It's best to leave the thread so that anyone else with the same question may find it helpful. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom folder pinned to taskbar? - Similar Threads - Custom folder pinned

2. winn11 taskbar custom shortcut folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winn11 taskbar custom shortcut folder: My laptop installed windows 11 yesterday. Please register following complaint/feature request: I want add-custom-shortcut-folder feature in taskbar back....
  3. winn11 taskbar custom shortcut folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winn11 taskbar custom shortcut folder: My laptop installed windows 11 yesterday. Please register following complaint/feature request: I want add-custom-shortcut-folder feature in taskbar back....
  4. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar customization: How do I customize my taskbar so that there is NO feed for news or weather etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-customization/8355d032-d2e1-4746-a5d2-ace68ce5c56e
  5. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar customization: How do I customize my taskbar so that there is NO feed for news or weather etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-customization/8355d032-d2e1-4746-a5d2-ace68ce5c56e
  6. Trouble keeping pinned folders to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble keeping pinned folders to taskbar: I have file explorer pinned to my taskbar. I then have folders I use often pinned to the file explorer icon but after a while I right click the file explorer icon and the folders are no longer pinned. What could be doing that?...
  7. Taskbar customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar customization: Is there any software or anyways something that allows you to customize the taskbar beyond the usual stock customizations in the windows settings? submitted by /u/Licenziato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iivzcy/taskbar_customization/
  8. Pinning folders on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders on taskbar: So I'm not sure if this has been asked or resolved yet, but when I want to pin a specific folder onto my taskbar, it instead pins it to the File Explorer for some reason. For example, if I drag and drop the Downloads folder onto my taskbar, it creates a File Explorer button....
  9. customize a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  10. 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 How to 'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information When you drag a folder or drive on the taskbar, they get a "Pin to File Explorer" in the jump list option by default. While you could...