Windows 10: Custom font sizes revert to default at login

Discus and support Custom font sizes revert to default at login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mark99k, Jan 12, 2016.

1. mark99k Win User

Custom font sizes revert to default at login

When I change the individual-element font sizes (in Control Panel> Display), they look fine for that session, but go right back to the default the next time I log in. How can that be prevented? I upgrade 2 machines to Win10 and thought I configured them identically but this is only happening on one.

I'm not blind or crotchety, but my eyesight is such that the default 9-pt Segoe font is simply not legible.

Grateful for any clues, workarounds, third-party rescue software, etc....

Mark

:)

mark99k, Jan 12, 2016
  2. LWapner Win User

Filename and Folder Name Font Size - Windows 10 Version 1703 - Suddenly Unable to Change Font Size

Thanks for the tip regarding WinTools Font Size Changer. I will be using it.

Question -

I understand installation is not required. If I change font sizes and later delete WinTools Font Size Changer, will the font size revert back to the default? In other words, is it possible to change the font size back to default without using Wintools
    Font Size Changer?

Thanks again for the tip -

LW

LWapner, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 changing Font

On my computer, no matter how many times I change the font size AND even save my theme with a new name, each time the computer reboots, font size reverts back to default. This should NOT be happening. Any clue? Thanks!

The_Real_Crusader, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Custom font sizes revert to default at login

1. Custom font sizes revert to default at login - Similar Threads - Custom font sizes

2. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  3. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  4. Blurry / Too large custom default font?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry / Too large custom default font?: I know there’s probably not much I can do to aid the problem but I thought I might as well try. I’ve been wanting to use a custom font for a while and decided to finally try it through a couple of methods (registry, winaero tweaker, other third party apps) but I always run...
  5. Default Fonts and text sizes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Fonts and text sizes: I recently had a computer updated to Windows 10. I had previously been using Windows XP I believe or Windows 7. I was wondering what the default changes have been with text over that time. All of my text on my desktop is different and all of my font sizes on my browsers...
  6. Default Font Size in Mail

Default Font Size in Mail: This post was listed in 2017 "The default font size is way too small - 11! That is outrageous. I can't find any way to change it." Has there been any updates in getting this fixed? I hate that I have to go into each email and remember to change the size and font from...
  7. Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars

Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...
  8. Change default font size in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail: May have been asked before..but any solution? Thanks 94510
  9. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  10. Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login: Hello. I know how to use 'Change Only the Text Size' (in the Control Panel's Display applet) to make certain elements larger and/or bolder, and this works fine on one of my 2 PCs. But on the other, the setting lasts only for the current session. At each reboot they're all...