Windows 10: Custom fonts not accessible after restart

Discus and support Custom fonts not accessible after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After restarting my PC, my custom installed fonts are no longer accessible by any program. In the windows setting menu, it is not listed as a font, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrewCouncil, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Custom fonts not accessible after restart

After restarting my PC, my custom installed fonts are no longer accessible by any program. In the windows setting menu, it is not listed as a font, but the file is still present in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Once I go to the original .ttf font file and install it, it asks if I would like to replace the existing font. If I click yes and install the font again, it is then accessible until the next restart. This has happened with both FiraCode and JetBrains Mono fonts when installing; these are all the custom fonts I have tried. Any help is appreciated.

:)

DrewCouncil, Oct 24, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

accessing downloaded font

Hello Lori,

To get your downloaded fonts on the list of fonts for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Fonts folder by typing fonts on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • While the Fonts folder is open, access the folder where your downloaded font is stored.
    • Now that both folders are open, drag and drop your downloaded font from the downloads folder to the Fonts folder.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Oct 24, 2020
  3. BrianLett Win User
    Custom fonts not appearing in OneNote Windows

I can neither select a purchased and installed custom font in a notebook page, or set the default font to the custom font. It simply does not appear in the list of options.

This seems to be a very new bug, and could be tied to a recent update. For example, I was able to access the custom fonts (in notebooks at least) last week.

Font is properly installed and accessible through other apps such as my Word client (version 1812).

OneNote for Windows 10 Version 16001.11126.20076.0

BrianLett, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Custom fonts not accessible after restart

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Custom fonts not accessible after restart

1. Custom fonts not accessible after restart - Similar Threads - Custom fonts accessible

2. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  3. Font changed after a restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font changed after a restart.: I'm not sure what happened, but my system fonts have changed to Arial. This happened a few days ago I believe after a Windows update. . I've tried everything besides installing a fresh copy of Windows 11. I've cleared caches, reg keys, sfc scans, and I still can't get the...
  4. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  5. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  6. Custom Font Time Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Font Time Bug: [ATTACH] Just WTF? ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I set the font using this script: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]) "Segoe UI (TrueType"="") "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType"="") "Segoe UI Bold Italic...
  7. Custom Tasks disabled after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Tasks disabled after restart: Hello good people, when I restart my PC all the Tasks I made in Task-Scheduler are disabled. Which is especially bad, since they should activate scripts on PC start... submitted by /u/Eisdaemon01 [link] [comments]...
  8. custom fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts: I wish to make a custom font i downloaded online my default font. The font in question is "Rogue Hero Regular" the reason for this font is i wish to make my laptop deadpool themed. Yet when i set it as my "default font" through the .reg method it still reverses back to...
  9. Asking for Help on Customizing Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking for Help on Customizing Font: Hello all! I have no technical knowledge of computer. On XP, as far as I can remember, I edited a file, which I now can't remember, in the program "Restorator" and changed the font size as befitted my needs. In Windows 7, I think I had no serious problem concerning the size...
  10. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...