Windows 10: custom fonts to embed in windows 10

Discus and support custom fonts to embed in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why cant you change the font throughout the windows 10 platform? I'd like to change mine to Iron Maiden font for the entire computer! Anyone know a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by anatheachavez, Jul 15, 2018.

1. custom fonts to embed in windows 10

Why cant you change the font throughout the windows 10 platform? I'd like to change mine to Iron Maiden font for the entire computer!

Anyone know a way around the strict/ lame font settings??

:)

anatheachavez, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Fonts stopped working after updating Windows 10

Hi,

Non-standard fonts need to be installed on a computer so that they'll be displayed properly. If a document with non-standard fonts is opened on a computer without those fonts, the text will be displayed with standard fonts like Arial or Calibri instead.
    However, depending on the program you're using to create documents, there may be an option to embed the font. For example, in Word 2016, you can embed the font in a document by following these steps:

• Click File.
    • Choose Options.
    • Click Save.
    • Check Embed fonts in the file.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about fonts on your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Embed Fonts in PDF - Problem with paper size

I format books for print, and my client needed the fonts embedded when I save the Word (Windows 10) file as a PDF. I was able to do this by using this suggestion from someone here:

Your best option is to use one of the free PDF virtual printers available on the web. Free PDF Printer is a great free option and includes the option to embed fonts in your documents. Since you are producing PDF's for print, you would be better to use
    this printer than the Print to PDF option as there are huge issues with fonts in the Microsoft PDF production . . .Simply select print and then choose the virtual printer to create your pdf, the software has 2 options, Embed all fonts or subset fonts.

NEW PROBLEM: The fonts are embedded now, but my client discovered that the PDF I sent to her is the wrong page size. The Word 2007 file was 6x9 for a print book, but after I embedded the fonts per instructions above, the page size became 8.5 x 11. What
    can I do to fix this so the PDF file is still 6x9?

ebook_formatter, Jul 15, 2018
  4. custom fonts to embed in windows 10

Windows 10 Creators Update fonts issue

Still broken for the Creators Fall Update, it seems...

Symptoms we see in Word for custom installed fonts are:

• Fonts not displaying correctly in the Fonts list.
    • Using a font causes the "Insufficient disk space or memory..." error.

Custom fonts do not appear in the system Fonts folder, and some standard fonts are greyed out. Attempts to reinstall custom fonts indicate they are already installed.

Wordpad: custom fonts are invisible in the fonts list. They can be selected by typing their name, but the font type does not display correctly.

Suggested workarounds have been tried with no success. We're really hoping Microsoft will prioritize this issue, as the media company I work at uses custom fonts heavily.

As mentioned in this thread already, fonts work fine with pre-1703 Windows 10 versions.

contractor22, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

custom fonts to embed in windows 10

1. custom fonts to embed in windows 10 - Similar Threads - custom fonts embed

2. How to embed fonts in Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to embed fonts in Word: How do I embed fonts in MS Word file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-embed-fonts-in-word/06f9eca9-5039-42af-9b03-4f4c914699af
  3. How to embed fonts in Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to embed fonts in Word: How do I embed fonts in MS Word file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-embed-fonts-in-word/06f9eca9-5039-42af-9b03-4f4c914699af
  4. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  5. Custom font, is it safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom font, is it safe?: This box says it may be difficult to get back to your default font size.I don't get itWhy would it be difficult? You just change the font back to the original size no?...
  6. How to get Win10 & Word/PDF to recognize a font (or embed it)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Win10 & Word/PDF to recognize a font (or embed it): I'm trying to upload a PDF of the text of a formatted book to a printing company (Ingram). They keep rejecting the file because one critical font is not embedded. I've tried printing (from Word) to PDF. That permits you to set preferences and you can identify specific fonts...
  7. Embed video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embed video: Hello , What does embedded video means and sometimes some videos don't play and says embedded video can't run , Thanks in advance.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/embed-video/59db7274-9463-4b80-b279-273f1c1c1fb8
  8. custom fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom fonts: I wish to make a custom font i downloaded online my default font. The font in question is "Rogue Hero Regular" the reason for this font is i wish to make my laptop deadpool themed. Yet when i set it as my "default font" through the .reg method it still reverses back to...
  9. About applying custom fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    About applying custom fonts in Windows 10: Hi, After applying custom fonts,my music banner on the top left is showing like this. How can I fix it without resetting my pc? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-applying-custom-fonts-in-windows-10/cfddcbc7-e8f7-4951-b479-1f5ea91e1bca
  10. Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10: How to: Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10 How to Create Custom Font with Microsoft Font Maker app in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. The...