Windows 10: Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The suggestions in this thread used to work great. Something seems to have changed along the way though. My custom highlight color is applied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jawann, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jawann Win User

Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903

The suggestions in this thread used to work great. Something seems to have changed along the way though. My custom highlight color is applied correctly upon initial boot, but then gets reset after the screen locks.

The suggestions in the linked thread are to update the following registry keys using regedit:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\Standard\Hilight

I've searched for similar keys under the other top-level folders, but nothing seems to work. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro 1903 Build 18362.449, although I've been experiencing this for several months.

Is this still working correctly for anyone else? Any ideas or suggestions?

:)

Jawann, Nov 11, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903

How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903

1. Custom Highlight Color Gets Reset After Screen Lock In Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Custom Highlight Color

2. Windows 11 lock screen customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lock screen customization: Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen to make it look like the windows 10 one.If this is not possible, Is there any 3rd party apps anyone could recommend. Hi everyone I was wondering if you could personalize the windows 11 lock screen...
  3. Highlight color changed everywhere after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlight color changed everywhere after update: After the latest Windows Update the color scheme for the highlight has changed.Other color settings may have changed as well, but the highlight color is the most obvious because it has become TOTALLY ILLEGIBLE!It seems all apps are affected but at least Excel, Outlook and...
  4. Color of highlighted cursor

Color of highlighted cursor: How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a black text. See picture below... [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help

Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help: I do Operating System Deployments for my company. I've recently been tasked to engineer a solution that is using Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access to guests without Active Directory accounts have a way to log in. Long story short, I need to figure out how to customize the Lock...
  6. Windows 10 1903 Lock screen pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1903 Lock screen pin: I lock my screen using win-L. Works great. I want windows to lock after 3 minutes idle time and using my pin to open. I cannot figure out how to define this......
  7. Customization of Windows 10 Lock Screen - Show Dynamic webpage on Lock Screen

Customization of Windows 10 Lock Screen - Show Dynamic webpage on Lock Screen: Hi, Can anyone please help me with below requirement. we need one dynamic webpage to display on windows 10 desktop screen. The intention is that to unlock user account from the user desktop locked screen. we have designed one website insite my org. and we want, that...
  8. Lock screen is blurry settings are locked after 1903 update?

Lock screen is blurry settings are locked after 1903 update?: In the settings it says "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" They are not hidden but I can not change them, so I guess they locked. Any ideas how to fix?...
  9. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen

Fully Customize The Windows 10 Lock Screen: Hi. I have a slideshow that plays on my Windows 10 Lock Screen which is really nice. But what would be nice, also, is to be able to customize the text that is shown there. For example: • Can I change the font color/font effects of the text that shows the time and date? •...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 registry color reset after locking pc