Windows 10: Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

Discus and support Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doriko, Sep 2, 2018.

1. doriko Win User

Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing the "Large icons" option in View, some of the icons become small and it looks bad. Is there anything I can do?

Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons" [​IMG]

:)

doriko, Sep 2, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

1. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons" - Similar Threads - Custom icons folders

2. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. Cannot customize folder icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot customize folder icons: Firstly, I am sorry if this was posted before, I saw many similar, but I could not find the solution.So, I am downloading icons .ico and I am trying to customize my icons Windows 11, but the same was happening since Windows 10. When I go to the properties of the folter, there...
  5. Icon of a folder looks small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon of a folder looks small: Hello, I've created a new folder and assigned it an ico picture, as I do with all my folders. For some reason, the picture shows smaller than the rest as you can see, it doesn't cover the whole folder, but it shows little in the centre. I've tried converting the jpg picture...
  6. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar: I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom...
  7. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.: So, I like to set my own icons for some apps on my PC. Some of these are games, which are in a seperate folder, and usually set to a large icons view. However, when I set my custom icons, after a certain time, it's size resets. The custom icon remains, but it acts as if the...
  8. extra large photo icons too small

extra large photo icons too small: Hello. The "extra large" photo icons used to be quite large....now, they are barely larger than the "large" photo icon size. I have read multiple blogs/discussions about this issue, but have not seen any resolutions. Does anyone know how to make the extra large icons...
  9. Desktop "zoomed" icons become small

Desktop "zoomed" icons become small: Hello, I have a problem with icons size in desktop, i like to use "zoomed" icons on desktop. But sometimes the icons go crazy and this happens: [img] [img] Sometimes i restart the computer and they go back to normal... (sometimes) Any help? 88893
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...