Windows 10: Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

Discus and support Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ethan Stanis, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom icons. I tried restarting explorer and my PC and repinning and reapplying the icons.

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar ba7cd8cf-639a-40f9-9646-05579076b842?upload=true.png

:)

Ethan Stanis, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar [​IMG]

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

Customize icons on desktop toolbar

Hello Shephard,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please follow the below steps to turn on the notification for volume icon in the taskbar.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Control Panel and type the word 'taskbar' in the search box from the upper-right side. Once the search results are loaded, click on the link that says
      Customize the taskbar.
    • Then select Customize under Notification Area.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off and toggle the option for Volume to
      on

The Volume Mixer icon will now show up in the notification area of your taskbar.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

1. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Custom Icons Applying

2. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  3. Taskbar Icons not showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not showing properly: Taskbar icons are not showing properly after unpin and repin, after resetting, it just shows my icons as a white window with blue rectangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-not-showing-properly/b3bdc056-7554-4527-8046-a43b9d1c96cf
  4. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  5. Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not Functioning Properly: When in Win 11, I cannot pin open Office files to windows 11 taskbar or see the recent files opened in Word, Excel, etc. I was able to do that in Win 10. I do not get an error message. I can see the icon previews, but when right clicking on them, I used to see the files I...
  6. Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep - Custom Taskbar/Start-Menu XML Not Applying: Hey everyone! For the past couple days, I've been trying to create a (new) custom Windows 10 Image. Everything's been going great so far, with using Audit Mode, installing all the applications, creating the WinPE ISO and deploying the .WIM file. Everything applies without any...
  7. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  8. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  9. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar: I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix...
  10. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons": Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing...