Windows 10: Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

Discus and support Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bclub2, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Bclub2 Win User

Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Bclub2, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

Customize icons on desktop toolbar

Hello Shephard,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please follow the below steps to turn on the notification for volume icon in the taskbar.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Control Panel and type the word 'taskbar' in the search box from the upper-right side. Once the search results are loaded, click on the link that says
      Customize the taskbar.
    • Then select Customize under Notification Area.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off and toggle the option for Volume to
      on

The Volume Mixer icon will now show up in the notification area of your taskbar.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

1. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Custom icons showing

2. Icons in the taskbar not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the taskbar not showing: Hi! I have a problem with the icon images on the taskbar, which results in a problem with productivity.Explanation:When I open an app, it shows the icon correctly. However, when I switch to another desktop I use three, and then come back, the application is still open but the...
  3. Taskbar Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons not showing: My taskbars icons aren't showing, I've had this problem since i updated my computer which was on dec 6, around that time. It was working perfectly fine once I updated it now the taskbar icons are gone. Please help nothing is working....
  4. Taskbar Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icons not showing: My taskbars icons aren't showing, I've had this problem since i updated my computer which was on dec 6, around that time. It was working perfectly fine once I updated it now the taskbar icons are gone. Please help nothing is working....
  5. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  6. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  7. Let us customize left icons from the "show hidden icons" icon on taskbar

Let us customize left icons from the "show hidden icons" icon on taskbar: Can we please change the order to icons to the left of the arrow ^ sign Microsoft?The recent news feature takes on too much space to the left on taskbar and I would like to have it on the very left, so it will not conflict with OEM Lenovo Vantage icon! An easy "patch" is to...
  8. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar: I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom...
  9. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  10. Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.: I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu. I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with taskbar icons. As you can see in screenshot, the icons on the taskbar are not looking that good. I have made .ico's with...