Windows 10: Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

Discus and support Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I like to set my own icons for some apps on my PC. Some of these are games, which are in a seperate folder, and usually set to a large icons view.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dzsaffar, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

So, I like to set my own icons for some apps on my PC. Some of these are games, which are in a seperate folder, and usually set to a large icons view.

However, when I set my custom icons, after a certain time, it's size resets. The custom icon remains, but it acts as if the size of it was 64x64 (despite it working fine before, and the size being 256x256). What could the issue be here? If I reset the icons, the problem still remains, the only way it goes away is if I set it to a separate icon, and then set it back to the previous one. Then, it starts working fine again (for a limited time)

submitted by /u/Dzsaffar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dzsaffar, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time. e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time.

1. Custom icons set to "large" revert to small after some time. - Similar Threads - Custom icons set

2. Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10: I got my laptop repaired and the tech guy has unfortunately updated my laptop to Windows 11 when I didn't want it, so I reverted it back to Windows 10 just fine. However, I believe it kept the overall look of Windows 11 so some things just don't look right. Like my icons on...
  3. Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10: I got my laptop repaired and the tech guy has unfortunately updated my laptop to Windows 11 when I didn't want it, so I reverted it back to Windows 10 just fine. However, I believe it kept the overall look of Windows 11 so some things just don't look right. Like my icons on...
  4. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large: Hi,I tried to set my desktop icon size to large, but it had an unexpected outcome. Some became large, either with a new icon or a similar one to the medium size one, and they appear to be high res and that's no problem. Some others seem to be the same size but contained in a...
  5. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large: Hi,I tried to set my desktop icon size to large, but it had an unexpected outcome. Some became large, either with a new icon or a similar one to the medium size one, and they appear to be high res and that's no problem. Some others seem to be the same size but contained in a...
  6. Some desktop icons are blurry when set to large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons": Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing...
  8. extra large photo icons too small

extra large photo icons too small: Hello. The "extra large" photo icons used to be quite large....now, they are barely larger than the "large" photo icon size. I have read multiple blogs/discussions about this issue, but have not seen any resolutions. Does anyone know how to make the extra large icons...
  9. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...