Windows 10: Custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS on same USB flash drive

Discus and support Custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS on same USB flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Now that I have a working custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS I'm wondering if there is a way to put both choices on one USB flash drive, via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS on same USB flash drive

Now that I have a working custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS I'm wondering if there is a way to put both choices on one USB flash drive, via the Windows Setup Product selection window?

Custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS on same USB flash drive [​IMG]

I'd like to be able to choose from a list something like:

Windows 10 Home (BIOS/MBR)
    Windows 10 Home (UEFI/GPT)
    Windows 10 Home (UEFI/CSM)

Could this be done with indexing?

If I can get three to work then I could get six to work and have Home and Pro on a single 64GB flash drive. I don't see it making things any easier for me at the shop but I think it would be fun to do and may help someone else at some point.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 6, 2019

2. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Aug 6, 2019
  3. USB Flash Drive UEFI problem

My wife's Acer never lists the thumb drive with the UEFI connotation, but does install in UEFI mode. I use diskpart, option 2 here, http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...e-windows.html Done that way I can install in UEFI or legacy with that same thumb drive. I have 2 laptops with UEFI and 2 desktop PC's that are legacy BIOS.

alphanumeric, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Clint Win User

Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10  

Wynona, the way I read option 2 step-6 is UEFI and step 7 is Legacy BIOS. It takes two separate 4 gig USBs.

Clint, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Custom install.wim for UEFI and BIOS on same USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Custom install wim

2. Can I Put a BIOS update and Windows Installation Media on the same flash drive? ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Put a BIOS update and Windows Installation Media on the same flash drive? ACPI BIOS ERROR: I've think i've finally found the fix to the ACPI BIOS ERROR ive been struggling with for 2 years on my old laptop, but I ran into a roadblock. I can't charge my laptop since it stopped charging properly after a drop slightly damaged the charging port. I've seen on the...
  3. Can I Put a BIOS update and Windows Installation Media on the same flash drive? ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Put a BIOS update and Windows Installation Media on the same flash drive? ACPI BIOS ERROR: I've think i've finally found the fix to the ACPI BIOS ERROR ive been struggling with for 2 years on my old laptop, but I ran into a roadblock. I can't charge my laptop since it stopped charging properly after a drop slightly damaged the charging port. I've seen on the...
  4. Can I Put a BIOS update and Windows Installation Media on the same flash drive? ACPI BIOS ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. multiple drives on same flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple drives on same flash drive: I just bought dell 15 5000 win 10 laptop. I used a 64 GB flash drive to create a macrium boot disk. The drive name was D. After I created the boot disk I used it to start the computer and everything went well. I removed cortana from the registry by creating a new key with...
  6. Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting to custom install to USB: Despite booting into the USB through BIOS, the USB...: I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad with 1TB of SSD storage and my USB 3.0 stick is 128GB. I am only given the option to install on Drive 0, Partitions 1-4. These are all system, MSR, recovery, or my current OS, and are obviously unavailable. The USB is more than large enough, and I...
  7. create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format

create a flash drive for windows 10 with .wim format: I have watched so many videos and tutorials. For some reason I am not understanding how to do this. Do I start by downloading the MCT to my flash drive? Could you please not give me links but instead step by step show me how to accomplish this task? Thank you....
  8. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  9. USB Installer UEFI or Not?

USB Installer UEFI or Not?: Hey guys, I'm not so organized due to my health. I have multiple Windows 10 Installers, Linux etc, and usually choose to download the iso and create my own USB Installers, and usually label them appropriately. I have this one that I'm not sure if it was installed as UEFI, is...
  10. USB Flash Drive UEFI problem

USB Flash Drive UEFI problem: Hello Tenforums.com No matter what I do, my Lenovo Flex 2-14 doesn't seem to recognise my USB as an UEFI Windows bootable flash device, despite following this guide https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html (Option 2), step by step. I am using a Verbatim...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. custom install.wim with drivers