Windows 10: Custom install.wim - going downhill

Discus and support Custom install.wim - going downhill in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to be going backward. I'm using the same autounattend.xml but now the install is failing with the following error: [img] This is the file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Custom install.wim - going downhill

I seem to be going backward. I'm using the same autounattend.xml but now the install is failing with the following error:

Custom install.wim - going downhill [​IMG]

This is the file:
    Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage> <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback> <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DiskConfiguration> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Extend>true</Extend> <Order>2</Order> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>1</Order> <Size>450</Size> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>System</Label> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> <TypeID></TypeID> <Active>true</Active> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Win10</Label> <Letter>C</Letter> <Order>2</Order> <PartitionID>2</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> </Disk> </DiskConfiguration> <UserData> <ProductKey> <Key>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</Key> </ProductKey> <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula> <FullName>Computer Owner</FullName> </UserData> </component> </settings> <cpiCustom install.wim - going downhill :eek:fflineImage cpi:source="wim:c:/wsiminst/sources/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" /> </unattend>[/quote] To the best of my knowledge I have not changed anything in this files since it was working a few days ago.

This is installing to a Oracle VM, 50GB vdi, 4GB ram. ISO was created with oscdimg. install.wim is the 7GB Pro X64 one I have already used to install to a Oracle VM two nights ago.

I'm stumped, not sure what to try next.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2019
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Anyone interested in a group effort for a custom Win10 ISO? (Adv Users Only)

I make this WIMs. Let me help you out.

At the time zone selection screen press CTRL-SHIFT-F3 during install.

Do whatever you want. I suggest using power shell to remove metro app installation and deregistering new user accounts from having my them installed.

Run sysprep after your done tinkering. I suggest using the shutdown switch I always miss those pesky reboots.

Then capture your WIM. Of course I do it via WDS but DISM can capture one. If you would like to create a capture image for WDS I suggest the server 180 trial. Wouldn't want silly consumer peasants too have access too free tools.

Hardcore

Solaris17, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Custom install.wim - going downhill

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Custom install.wim - going downhill

1. Custom install.wim - going downhill - Similar Threads - Custom install wim

2. Open in WIM files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  3. 12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer)

12GB WIM File (Making it into a bootable USB Installer): Hello everyone, I'm trying to automate a Windows 10 installation with my customized WIM image. From the tutorials I've read, the best practice is to split the DMG (which doesn't do the windows setup screen for automation using autounattend.xml) or creating two partitions...
  4. Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage

Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage: Hi, I've built a Windows 10 image from scratch on a laptop (HP), the model is used widely within the company I work for. We currently use a WDS server setup to install the image upon the relevant hardware platforms. However, network speeds and restrictions (no internet...
  5. W10 Custom installation

W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...
  6. W10 Custom installation

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...
  7. Office 2016 - Custom Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  8. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  9. Install on Custom PC?

Install on Custom PC?: Hi, I have recently made a custom pc. I don't know how to get my current windows installation onto it without it deactivating or me having to pay. Any help would be appreciated 45445
  10. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM: A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an AutoUnattend.xml file with it today. Up 'til now, it's only been used for manual installations. When I use DISM to take a peek at...