Windows 10: Custom install.wim - going downhill

Discus and support Custom install.wim - going downhill in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to be going backward. I'm using the same autounattend.xml but now the install is failing with the following error: [img] This is the file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Custom install.wim - going downhill

I seem to be going backward. I'm using the same autounattend.xml but now the install is failing with the following error:

Custom install.wim - going downhill [​IMG]

This is the file:
    Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <SetupUILanguage> <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> </SetupUILanguage> <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale> <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale> <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback> <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DiskConfiguration> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Extend>true</Extend> <Order>2</Order> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>1</Order> <Size>450</Size> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>System</Label> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> <TypeID></TypeID> <Active>true</Active> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Win10</Label> <Letter>C</Letter> <Order>2</Order> <PartitionID>2</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> </Disk> </DiskConfiguration> <UserData> <ProductKey> <Key>VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T</Key> </ProductKey> <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula> <FullName>Computer Owner</FullName> </UserData> </component> </settings> <cpiCustom install.wim - going downhill :eek:fflineImage cpi:source="wim:c:/wsiminst/sources/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" /> </unattend>[/quote] To the best of my knowledge I have not changed anything in this files since it was working a few days ago.

This is installing to a Oracle VM, 50GB vdi, 4GB ram. ISO was created with oscdimg. install.wim is the 7GB Pro X64 one I have already used to install to a Oracle VM two nights ago.

I'm stumped, not sure what to try next.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2019
  2. johnspack Win User

Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Anyone interested in a group effort for a custom Win10 ISO? (Adv Users Only)

I make this WIMs. Let me help you out.

At the time zone selection screen press CTRL-SHIFT-F3 during install.

Do whatever you want. I suggest using power shell to remove metro app installation and deregistering new user accounts from having my them installed.

Run sysprep after your done tinkering. I suggest using the shutdown switch I always miss those pesky reboots.

Then capture your WIM. Of course I do it via WDS but DISM can capture one. If you would like to create a capture image for WDS I suggest the server 180 trial. Wouldn't want silly consumer peasants too have access too free tools.

Hardcore

Solaris17, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Custom install.wim - going downhill

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Custom install.wim - going downhill

1. Custom install.wim - going downhill - Similar Threads - Custom install wim

2. going back to windows 10 via custom installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going back to windows 10 via custom installation: i would like to know what the difference between going back to windows 10 via custom installation and windows media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-10-via-custom-installation/76f167e2-e1f8-4ced-b151-6ee3a46aeeb8
  3. going back to windows 10 via custom installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going back to windows 10 via custom installation: i would like to know what the difference between going back to windows 10 via custom installation and windows media https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-10-via-custom-installation/76f167e2-e1f8-4ced-b151-6ee3a46aeeb8
  4. in which folder in wim mounted image added drivers go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in which folder in wim mounted image added drivers go: I am following a tutorial here to integrate device drives in windows install media, so I mounted the wim file in a directory and I go to see the following directory structure Code: PerfLogs Program Files Program Files (x86) Users Windows Inside them there are several...
  5. Custom Installation

Custom Installation: Hello,My pc was sucking up my data... Turnsout there was a huge update for 21h1.Long story short, have to download the update for smooth working.Then got the Media Creation tool by customer care advice.It took 7.5 GB of my data to download and while Installation there was an...
  6. Custom Installation

Custom Installation: When i proceeded with custom installation and arrived to selecting the partion to install window, I found that No partion is able to setup windows on with message saying " Windows can not be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of GPT partion style" and Next tabe can...
  7. iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens

iso for several tests different wim file for customization screens: I am building a WIndows 10 setup USB, I would like to test them for screen customization. If I don't sysprep each one and build a wim file from it and create a ISO from it , then test each 5-10 times, build an iso and I retest each, with the same WIndows installation? 149154
  8. Custom Install

Custom Install: Frozen start button, prompted my call to support; their only solution was a complete re-install of Windows 10, which they called "custom install." While the technician, named Justo P., was very helpful, it took a few hours and left me with lots of unanswered questions, she...
  9. Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage

Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage: Hi, I've built a Windows 10 image from scratch on a laptop (HP), the model is used widely within the company I work for. We currently use a WDS server setup to install the image upon the relevant hardware platforms. However, network speeds and restrictions (no internet...
  10. Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM

Windows Installation Media - Nameless WIM: A few months back, I created a Win10 Installation media. I used sysprep/DISM to capture it and, it has been working great. However, I'm testing an AutoUnattend.xml file with it today. Up 'til now, it's only been used for manual installations. When I use DISM to take a peek at...