Windows 10: Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Discus and support Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear all,I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArnaudPessione, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Dear all,I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed Keyboard" menu in W11.Nevertheless, that newly installed keyboard doesn't show up in my task bar. Only pre-built layouts appear.On top of that, if a delete all pre-built layouts and keep only my custom layout, W11 use a default "american" layout without telling me.Many thanks for your help.Best,Arnaud

:)

ArnaudPessione, Jan 14, 2022
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Custom keyboard layout not reflected on on-screen keyboard

Hi,

On my device with Windows and touch screen I am using a custom keyboard layout (Dvorak with custom characters).

I have created it with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator tool - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22339
    (it is the only tool I know to adjust keyboard layout in Windows).

Until previous Windows 10 build both physical and on-screen keyboards worked fine.

But when I upgraded Windows 10 to build 1709 my on-screen keyboard displays wrong (default QWERTY) layout. Still keys work as per my custom layout.

Reinstalling the keyboard does not fix it.

Please help. How can I get my custom keyboard layout get properly displayed on on-screen keyboard? Is there any other tool to do it?

Can I report somewhere a bug in Windows 10 build 1709?

Wojciech E., Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

1. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM - Similar Threads - Custom Keyboard Layout

2. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  3. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM: I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed Keyboard" menu...
  4. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM: I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed Keyboard" menu...
  5. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  6. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  7. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM: Dear all,I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed...
  8. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...
  9. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...
  10. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...