Windows 10: Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11

Discus and support Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, in short, whenever I try using a custom keyboard layout, the taskbar disappears for a few seconds and everything else appears to be frozen and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Expired Ice, May 15, 2024.

1. Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11

So, in short, whenever I try using a custom keyboard layout, the taskbar disappears for a few seconds and everything else appears to be frozen and when everything starts working again, the keyboard layout is set to English United States, my default layout like the one I have at the very top of the listWhat could potentially be causing this and how would I be able to fix it?

:)

Expired Ice, May 15, 2024
  2. tanyary Win User

Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

A wonderful day everyone,

Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as "Unavailable input method" and are also unselectable as they break the taskbar language button in strange ways.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can create a functioning keyboard layout for Windows 11? It'd be much appreciated.

Best regards.

tanyary, May 15, 2024
  3. nommaz Win User
    Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.

I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.

Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed Keyboard" menu in W11.

Nevertheless, that newly installed keyboard doesn't show up in my task bar. Only pre-built layouts appear.

On top of that, if a delete all pre-built layouts and keep only my custom layout, W11 use a default "american" layout without telling me.

Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM - Microsoft Community

It looks like there was a miscommunication on this thread and the person who asked the question gave up.

It is a valid question reporting a bug on Windows 11 ARM - I have the same issue

nommaz, May 15, 2024
  4. KDA_745 Win User

Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11

How do I create a custom keyboard layout in windows 11? Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator app doesn't work with windows 11.

How do I create a custom keyboard layout in windows 11? Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator app doesn't work with windows 11.

KDA_745, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11

1. Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Custom keyboard layouts

2. Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layouts aren't working Windows 11: So, in short, whenever I try using a custom keyboard layout, the taskbar disappears for a few seconds and everything else appears to be frozen and when everything starts working again, the keyboard layout is set to English United States, my default layout like the one I have...
  3. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  4. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  5. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  6. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  7. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM: Dear all,I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed...
  8. Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM

Custom Keyboard Layout in Windows 11 ARM: Dear all,I'm running W11 ARM on Parallels Desktop from a M1 Mac.I'm trying to add a custom layout keyboard made with MKLC 1.4.Microsoft says it is not supported but the software works and I'm able to create a .dll keyboard and add it to the keyboard list in "Installed...
  9. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...
  10. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...