Windows 10: custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

Discus and support custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program in which I use the "Undo" keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-z, and the "Redo" shortcut of Ctrl-y, dozens of time daily. I am a poor typist an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wvbirdman, Feb 6, 2021.

1. wvbirdman Win User

custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

I have a program in which I use the "Undo" keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-z, and the "Redo" shortcut of Ctrl-y, dozens of time daily. I am a poor typist an it would be much easier for me to have a single key shortcut for both of these functions. Is it possible to customize Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts to do this?

I am using Windows 10 home version 2004

Thanks

:)

wvbirdman, Feb 6, 2021

2. Undo & Redo

I have deleted some files by using Undo (Ctrl+z) on my desktop by mistake, how can i recover this files ? Redo didn't work

HeshamSakr, Feb 6, 2021
  3. DKN3 Win User
    How to ReDo multiple times? To correct accidental multiple UnDo's?

First Post - How do I essentially Reverse the Back Arrow Undo function? (Button in upper left W10 File Manager).
    The adjacent Forward Arrow Redo button only seems to Re Do 1 step. But I want to Redo several accidental UnDo's.

Using W10 File Manager, I downloaded 33 jpg pics from my LG Android cell phone to a folder on my PC laptop computer, then Deleted the 33 pics from cel phone. All good far, I have the pic files on my laptop.

I then Resized the pics & accidentally also created Shortcut. This created 33 shortcuts which I did NOT want.

Rather than just (tediously) select & delete the 33 unwanted files, I instead Back Arrowed to Undo the creation of the shortcuts.

However in a moment of brain freeze, I accidentally clicked the Back Arrow 3 or 4 too many times, which also undid the resizing,
    undid the import transfer of the files from cel phone into a new laptop folder, and the steps before that of creating the new folder in the first place.

So 'logically' I no longer have 33 pic files on my laptop.

Trouble is, after I originally did the import transfer to laptop, & intentionally deleted the 33 pics of the cel phone, they are no longer on the cel to Re-Transfer again. I 'lost' them.

So how do I essentially Redo (Forward Arrow) multiple files?
    Or is there another way to recover these files?
    They are NOT in laptop Recycle, nor in Photos on cel phone.

Windows 10 Pro, with November Updates, on Lenovo Yoga 2016 laptop. & using Microsoft Photos.

DKN3, Feb 6, 2021
  4. custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

Keyboard shortcuts

I've just installed the new windows update and can no longer use the keyboard shortcuts for copy, paste, cut and undo. How do I fix this? Also I have very little technical experience so easy steps please!

RebeccaWhiteVP, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo

1. custom keyboard shortcut for Undo and Redo - Similar Threads - custom keyboard shortcut

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  5. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y NOT WORKING: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  6. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. Help is appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo and Redo Shortcuts Ctrl Z and Ctrl Y: Hello, As the title says, I'm not sure how and when the issue started but it was noticed recently. It affects the windows system as a whole as well as all application software. I tried the suggested solution in this link...
  8. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  9. Undo and redo files or photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo and redo files or photos: I've lost folder contain a lot of photos by pressing Ctrl+Z and when i Pressed Ctrl+Y to recover it it's came back empty XD . IS there any solution to bring them back ?...
  10. Undo & Redo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo & Redo: I have deleted some files by using Undo (Ctrl+z) on my desktop by mistake, how can i recover this files ? Redo didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-redo/d4a5e41f-49e2-4716-87b7-a051502a0c1d"