Windows 10: Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory"

Discus and support Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I have lots of file sorting to do and am looking for specific images amongst 1000s. To expediate the process I want to create a custom command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesScott_857, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory"

Hi!

I have lots of file sorting to do and am looking for specific images amongst 1000s.

To expediate the process I want to create a custom command that allows me to just click on the image rather that dealing with the drag and drop. This will allow more images on screen and avoid any of the fun associated with drag and drop.

So the 'c' is just an example:

[c]+[mouse1] = move target to directory.

How would one go about setting these up?

Many thanks,

Jim

:)

JamesScott_857, Jan 12, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Right Clicking on a file

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Below are the steps on how to create Mail Recipient in the Sent To list.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type in the Search bar %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto

3. Right Click on the space in the middle of the window

4. Click New.

5. Click Text Document

6. Open the txt file in notepad, type in there 'Mail', and save the file as "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail"

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 12, 2021
  4. 5lippers Win User

Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory"

Re-assign Favorites buttons on microsoft wireless keyboard 2000

But what i want to do is use those keys as a seperate keypress. Like a mouse1 type of key. Something that i can bind actions to in games.

5lippers, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory"

1. Custom [keypress] + [mouse1] = move clicked file to "./thisdirectory" - Similar Threads - Custom keypress mouse1

2. In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...: Under program files, it use to have a "move to folder" when you right clicked a file, where you could pick which folder you wanted to send the file too, but I cant find it, and it is aggravating not being able to move files to and from diffent folders quickly. I either copy...
  3. In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In program files: Where is the right click "move" file feature for moving files to...: Under program files, it use to have a "move to folder" when you right clicked a file, where you could pick which folder you wanted to send the file too, but I cant find it, and it is aggravating not being able to move files to and from diffent folders quickly. I either copy...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  5. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  6. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file: Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number of columns, depending on the scale of the window. Now let's say that my window with these files in it is smaller because I...
  8. Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to move a window to Display 2 by click or keypress?: When I want to watch a movie... What I do now: 1, Double-click on the movie, 2, Drag the player to Display 2 an HDMI-connected TV, and 3, Press a key to switch the player to full-screen mode. Preferred: A single keystroke to move the player or any window that has focus...
  9. customize right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize right click: I want to add a New .md and new .py file in the right click new list I tried some methods from the web in the regedit but non of them works. submitted by /u/ZER0-00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3aa34/customize_right_click/
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053