Windows 10: Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day

Discus and support Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've created 3 shortcuts for fast switching audio outputs by hitting CTRL + ALT + Num1/Num2/Num3. These shortcuts are located at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Nov 26, 2019.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day

I've created 3 shortcuts for fast switching audio outputs by hitting CTRL + ALT + Num1/Num2/Num3. These shortcuts are located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sound so they can be listed on Start menu as an folder with these shortcuts inside. They use NirCmd to work and the target of them are:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\PORTABLE\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe" setdefaultsounddevice AKG-K550
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\PORTABLE\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe" setdefaultsounddevice EDIFIER
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\PORTABLE\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe" setdefaultsounddevice HyperX

Every day, 1-3 times at day, they're resetting and don't work anymore, until I go to that folder where these shortcuts are, choose properties of each of them and apply them again. It was working excellent for some month but now they're just struggling. Anyone know what could it be? No big changes to the PC. It started to behave like that last week and I'm pissed of now as I need to apply it every day *Devil

:)

bl00keRs, Nov 26, 2019
  2. cniggeler Win User

List custom keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

I would like to create a shortcut to Windows Update using CTRL-ALT-U, but when I try to put that in the shortcut key area of the shortcut, it blanks out again. This means I have used that key combo elsewhere, but typing it doesn't do anything. I upgraded
    from Win7 to Win10 and I think I set it for Windows 7 Update.

My questions are,

1. How do I reassign this shortcut?
    2. How do I get a list of custom shortcuts that are already set?

Thanks!

cniggeler, Nov 26, 2019
  3. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Custom keys of shortcuts resets every day - Similar Threads - Custom keys shortcuts

2. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  3. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  4. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  5. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  6. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changing customized shortcut keys

Changing customized shortcut keys: Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key...
  8. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  9. File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys

File Path to Apps, Shortcut, Macro, Custom Keys: So, here I am, after 20+ years of using Windows, incapable to figure out where Skype is on my computer to see the path to a .exe file. I may be old fashion, buy I am not inept. The app store trend is throwing a curved one at me and I am loosing my patience. I never ever had...
  10. Resetting / refreshing pc almost every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting / refreshing pc almost every day: Hello i seem to have what may be some compatibility issues, because I basically have to reinstall windows once a day rig now. Sometimes the refresh function does the job, often it will just say "there was a problem, no changes made" - very helpful error... I have had...