Windows 10: Custom Libraries

Discus and support Custom Libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by battlezone, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Custom Libraries

In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom library. Is that correct?

What I wanted to do:

The default libraries are

3D Objects
    Desktop
    DopucmentsDownloads
    Music
    Pictures
    Videos

I wanted to add Movies. While I can create this custom library, I cannot create a new folder in this library, I can only add an already existing folder from, for example, the Documents folder.

:)

battlezone, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Custom Libraries

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Custom Libraries

1. Custom Libraries - Similar Threads - Custom Libraries

2. Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom icon when Change Icon is greyed out: Is there anyway to force a custom icon for a program when the Change Icon option in Explorer is greyed out? I have tried creating shortcuts and changing that icon with no success. A program I use keeps the same icon for different versions of the program - and I need to run...
  3. how to create custom album of songs converted from a youtube to mp3 converter?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create custom album of songs converted from a youtube to mp3 converter?: How do you create an album with songs that were converted via convert2mp3? how do you get windows media player to ask you? how do you allow windows media player to ask you if the songs are from same album or they are from a mixtape or custom album? it worked before but how do...
  4. Media player icon over custom .mp4 icon can it be removed and how

in Windows 10 Support
    Media player icon over custom .mp4 icon can it be removed and how: Okay here's what is going on. I downloaded a few anime episodes from a anime called The Ancient Magus Bride". The file icons look bad I want to change them all to a cover art. But once I change to cover art I have this problem with the orange "VLC Media Player Icon". Is...
  5. I have been a Microsoft customer for over 35 years and I have to pay for some Help???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been a Microsoft customer for over 35 years and I have to pay for some Help???: I am trying to forward an e-mail and all the folders are not showing on top. Whats with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-been-a-microsoft-customer-for-over-35-years/281c81cc-bebe-47f6-b657-d395ec622b21"
  6. Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update with custom UEFI driver?: I have a computer that has an SSD that's not natively supported by the motherboard, so when I boot it, I have to go into the UEFI shell, load the driver, remap drives (map -r), and boot from the disk that's now visible. That's kind of a pain, but it was working fine up until...
  7. Windows 10 will not allow users to customize their computers anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not allow users to customize their computers anymore: It seems that Microsoft wants users to use their computers the way Microsoft wants them used, NOT the way users want their computers to be and it's awful. I have held out using my Windows 8 computer as long as I could. I finally gave in and bought a new computer with...
  8. Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps: I just installed the Windows 10 Instagram app. I like receiving notifications in Windows 10 when I get a Direct Message, but I do not like getting notifications when someone follows me. Is granular control over the type of push notifications displayed possible? 123111
  9. Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability: Custom Translator, now in general availability, significantly improves the quality of your translations by letting you build your own customized neural translation models tuned with your own pre-translated content. Using Custom Translator, you can translate your product names...
  10. Customer Service is a failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customer Service is a failure.: I thought I would love to chime into some of these forum responses but it seems like it may be company policy to lock every negative post down so people can not reply. Which in a nutshell seems to be your company policy regarding everything. Your customer support sucks...