Windows 10: Custom Libraries

Discus and support Custom Libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by battlezone, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Custom Libraries

In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom library. Is that correct?

What I wanted to do:

The default libraries are

3D Objects
    Desktop
    DopucmentsDownloads
    Music
    Pictures
    Videos

I wanted to add Movies. While I can create this custom library, I cannot create a new folder in this library, I can only add an already existing folder from, for example, the Documents folder.

:)

battlezone, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Custom Libraries

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Custom Libraries

1. Custom Libraries - Similar Threads - Custom Libraries

2. Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low Memory Usage After Installing Custom Windows 10: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/8an2klfgwcpc1.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f8925be626965edf38406f5a7924ef29e277ff8 submitted by /u/SkrSkrWhizzingRound [link] [comments]...
  3. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  4. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  5. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to exclude libraries from custom right-click menu entries

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to exclude libraries from custom right-click menu entries: I want to add a custom context menu entry to open an administrator command prompt when right-clicking a directory or directory background. I borrowed the registry modification code (shown below) from tenforums and works fine. However, I found that the command prompt context...
  7. Exclude libraries from custom right-click menu using AppliesTo string

Exclude libraries from custom right-click menu using AppliesTo string: I am trying to add custom entries to the Windows 10 File Explorer (x64, v20H2). Specifically, I want to be able to right-click a directory and directory background for command prompt and powershell options to show up. I know I add the corresponding entries to...
  8. Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?

Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ewnr4f9be4e61.jpg?width=241&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8b3b83e386ff645281a4f171e3ef53f90d0daaa3 submitted by /u/goar101reddit [link] [comments]...
  9. Warning in event viewer saying "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Warning in event viewer saying "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every...: Heres the event viewer stuff Log Name: System Source: Wininit Event ID: 11 Level: Warning User: SYSTEM Task Category: None Keywords: empty Computer: starter1 Logged: 7/4/2020 4:13:46 PM XML View: T-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">...
  10. I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help with GPO (Custom Libraries + hidden C:): Hi, I am having an issue that I need assistance with. I have a group policy which updates the Windows Registry in order to "Hide" the C:-drive. No permissions are changed, it is only the visibility that is changed ("NoDrives" @...