Windows 10: Custom Libraries

Discus and support Custom Libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by battlezone, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Custom Libraries

In the default libraries there is a 'new folder' option. in custom libraries there isn't. It seems I can only add already existing folders to a custom library. Is that correct?

What I wanted to do:

The default libraries are

3D Objects
    Desktop
    DopucmentsDownloads
    Music
    Pictures
    Videos

I wanted to add Movies. While I can create this custom library, I cannot create a new folder in this library, I can only add an already existing folder from, for example, the Documents folder.

:)

battlezone, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Custom Libraries

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Custom Libraries

1. Custom Libraries - Similar Threads - Custom Libraries

2. Windows Notification customizing for apps is not showing up at all.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Notification customizing for apps is not showing up at all.: I went to Settings > System > Notifications and actions. I want to change my app notifications but it doesn't show up where it's supposed to be on the very bottom. Is there anything I didn't toggle on to get this feature? Please help. [IMG]...
  3. hello. Could you please give me the phone number of the department of customer services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hello. Could you please give me the phone number of the department of customer services: hello. Could you please give me the phone number of the department of customer services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-could-you-please-give-me-the-phone-number-of/59964fcb-550d-4086-bdfa-59a5518533b3
  4. Windows 10 custom sound commands

Windows 10 custom sound commands: Hello! I have a Windows 10 x64 Home 1803 on a Surface Go and I have a question, is there any way to add a custom sound command? (That works, not like Shutdown, Logon, Logoff, and Unlock) The commands include: -Specific launch and shutdown programs and applications...
  5. Custom drive icons with not related to letters... My solution.

Custom drive icons with not related to letters... My solution.: Hi all. For those who are interested, I have gathered some of the codes corresponding to the basic drive icons of the discs that I use. If you have other codes (functional with Windows 10) I take! Down the corresponding registery files (make with notepad or other and change...
  6. Custom drive icons with not related to letters... Is my choice but i need more.

Custom drive icons with not related to letters... Is my choice but i need more.: Hi For those who are interested, I have gathered some of the codes corresponding to the basic drive icons of the discs that I use. If you have other codes (functional with Windows 10) I take! Down the corresponding registery files (make with notepad or other and change the...
  7. I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809: I try to create an custom install image for Windows 10 1803 and 1809 (to test the preservation of our settings). All in all i followed the tutorial here Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep | Tutorials So we did a 1803 installation Entered Audit mode Did all...
  8. Customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise

in Browsers and Email
    Customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise: Hi all, Has anyone been successful with customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise on a new image? I changed the group policy settings (admx files) prior sysprep, and the settings revert after reimaging a computer. 126912
  9. Customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise: Hi all, Has anyone been successful with customizing Google Chrome for Enterprise on a new image? I changed the group policy settings (admx files) prior sysprep, and the settings revert after reimaging a computer. 126912
  10. Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Custom WIM Image - Deployment via USB Storage: Hi, I've built a Windows 10 image from scratch on a laptop (HP), the model is used widely within the company I work for. We currently use a WDS server setup to install the image upon the relevant hardware platforms. However, network speeds and restrictions (no internet...