Windows 10: Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen

Discus and support Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently started using an ultra-wide (3440x1440) monitor and noticed that the custom image I use for the lock screen wasn't displaying the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joetron2030, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen

I recently started using an ultra-wide (3440x1440) monitor and noticed that the custom image I use for the lock screen wasn't displaying the full image. The image is 1920x1080. But, when the lock screen appears, it looks like the image is being zoomed to fill the space instead.

Unlike desktop wallpapers where you have the option of choosing how Windows makes it fit into the screen (fill, fit, stretch, etc.), there's no similar option for the lock screen.

I tried resizing my image to 3440x1440, but it made no difference. It still zooms in on the image to fill the display.

I did a bit of searching on Google to see if anyone else has solved this problem but there's very little that I could find. Or my Google-fu sucks in this particular instance.

Has anyone else run into this and figured out a solution? Thanks in advance!

(Hope I picked the correct flair, too.)

submitted by /u/joetron2030
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joetron2030, Jul 27, 2020
  2. ndbinh Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Ultra-wide monitor

Is there any body, who can properly project from a PC/ laptop to an 3440x1440 external Ultra-wide monitor using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

PS: "properly" means the Ultra-wide monitor runs on 3440x1440 resolution mode.

ndbinh, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen

Custom lock screen image windows 10

Hi,

Follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R
    • Type "gpedit.msc"
    • Navigate to "Computer Configuration/Administrative
      Templates/Control Panel/Personalization"
    • Find and open the setting named "Prevent changing lock screen image".
    • As the setting's window opens, choose Not Configured and tap
      OK.
    Restart the computer and then try again to set a image as lock screen from the
    Photo App or from the Settings

Vinod Archak, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen

1. Custom lock screen image on ultra-wide (3440x1440) panel always zooms to fill screen - Similar Threads - Custom lock screen

2. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window snapping on ultra wide screens: Hi guys,I have always found the windows key and arrow key useful for dividing the screen quickly into two equally spaced work areas on the screen. Is there a way of snapping into three. I.e. using the centre third. I am aware of an app called magnet on OSX is there a method...
  3. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window snapping on ultra wide screens: Hi guys,I have always found the windows key and arrow key useful for dividing the screen quickly into two equally spaced work areas on the screen. Is there a way of snapping into three. I.e. using the centre third. I am aware of an app called magnet on OSX is there a method...
  4. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window snapping on ultra wide screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  7. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  8. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Help finding custom lock screen image

Help finding custom lock screen image: I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?...
  10. Make screen fill wide monitor

Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...