Windows 10: Custom Notification Sounds not working

Discus and support Custom Notification Sounds not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alliedsoul97, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Custom Notification Sounds not working

I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The file is in the same folder as the others, the same length as all the others and .wav like the others. Is there something I'm missing?

submitted by /u/alliedsoul97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alliedsoul97, Mar 14, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Custom Sound Notification not working.

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have turned on the custom notification under the settings.

This issue may arise when the sound notifications might not be turned on. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you have turned on the notification under the settings.

1. Open
    Settings, and click on the System icon.

2. Click on
    Notifications & actions on the left side.

3. On the right side under Notifications, move the
    Show app notifications slider to the right to turn it on.

4. If you like, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Custom Notification Sounds not working

Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Custom Notification Sounds not working

1. Custom Notification Sounds not working - Similar Threads - Custom Notification Sounds

2. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  3. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound: I have windows 10 Pro version 20 H2 on a brand new Dell optiplex. I cannot get it to play my custom sound when Outlook client program receives a new email. I know this has been discussed on this and other forums, but I cannot find my answer on any forums. I have read through...
  5. Custom sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  6. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game): Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background? To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone sends me a text in-game, and the game is minimized, the only thing that happens is it lights up like this [img] . So i would...
  7. Some custom system sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some custom system sounds not working: Iv'e recently been trying to make my computer make the same sounds as the PC from Pokemon. I successfully downloaded sound files and used the sound control panel to put which sounds where I prefer. Now when I apply these changes the only system sound that operates is the one...
  8. My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10: Purchased a new Surface Pro 7 and as I always do with a new Windows device, I tried customizing my notification sounds. I selected my customized .wav audio files and saved my new custom sound scheme after testing each .wav file and they all work in testing. However, they do...
  9. Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Custom sounds Regedit not working?: Hi Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently I've been messing around with my build and my OS and seeing what i can do with WIN10 and it seems like a lot of the features...
  10. Notification area customize

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area customize: Hi I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It seems to be an all or nothing deal. I want certain ones to show and of course students don't have any access to these settings....