Windows 10: Custom PC building and Legality

Discus and support Custom PC building and Legality in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, so I'm planning to build a gaming PC for my classmate using Windows 10 Home, and I need some help with parts, namely a legal motherboard and OS, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by oneiricNomad [ON], Jan 27, 2021.

1. Custom PC building and Legality

Hi, so I'm planning to build a gaming PC for my classmate using Windows 10 Home, and I need some help with parts, namely a legal motherboard and OS, so my friend and I don't get into legal trouble. Please note that I am NOT partnered with Microsoft and that I am only a High Schooler trying to get job experience in Computer Science and IT. Any idea where I can get my hands on a LEGAL motherboard?

:)

oneiricNomad [ON], Jan 27, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 27, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Custom PC building and Legality

New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Custom PC building and Legality

1. Custom PC building and Legality - Similar Threads - Custom building Legality

2. How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build: So I've freshly mabe a custom pc build and got windows 11 home and I installed all my games and went 2 weeks no problems but then after playing games like dead by deadlight and my screen turned black and I was in a vc with my friends and the told me that I left the game and...
  3. How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build: So I've freshly mabe a custom pc build and got windows 11 home and I installed all my games and went 2 weeks no problems but then after playing games like dead by deadlight and my screen turned black and I was in a vc with my friends and the told me that I left the game and...
  4. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  5. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  6. Windows hardware error (Custom PC build)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hardware error (Custom PC build): Hi, I recently built my own pc. 3700x, RTX 3070, Aorus X570, G skills ripjaws V 16gb. As I was just talking to a friend on discord I got a black screen as if there no output from my GPU and then it came back. When I checked the reliability report it showed a Hardware Error....
  7. Custom Background for Legal Notice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Background for Legal Notice in Windows 10: Hi How can i get this type of interactive logon messsage (transparent background) : [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I search a way to have a transparent background instead of a solid blue background. Exactly like in this video : https://youtu.be/3RrhlEuENJY?t=223 I use a specific...
  8. BSOD on custom build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...
  9. New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games: Hi all, my new custom desktop build is around one month old now. I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate. Sometimes I get an BSOD, but thats very rare. Also, the BSOD is freezing as well, so Windows is not even generating dump files. It only...
  10. Windows 10 Custom Legal Notices & Startup Messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Custom Legal Notices & Startup Messages: Hi, it is possible setting up multiple message at Windows logon without edit gpo and regedit method? - whit a 3rd software? - whit a logon script? like this: http://www.sony-europe.com/support/k...y_Policy_1.png 36663