Windows 10: Custom PC Crashes During Install

Discus and support Custom PC Crashes During Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently built my first PC, and it will be my first Windows computer as well (coming from an iMac). I bought a USB install of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmandaK2, Oct 12, 2019.

1. AmandaK2 Win User

Custom PC Crashes During Install

Hello,

I recently built my first PC, and it will be my first Windows computer as well (coming from an iMac). I bought a USB install of Windows 10 (full version), and I’ve gotten it to begin the install process, but once it gets past the language selection and the key and tries to initiate the first restart, it crashes and goes back to the screen where I can hit F1 to get to the BIOS screen. When I tried to install on my second SSD to see if the first was the issue, the same exact thing happened.

I have an ASUS B360M-A motherboard, an Intel Core i3-8300 CPU, 16GB of 2400Mhz RAM , a 450 watt Silverstone Nightjar PSU, and an 80* rated fanless CPU cooler. My computer is not connected to the internet yet, and I’ve just got a monitor (connected via HDMI), keyboard, & mouse set up to navigate the install.

In several Google searches I couldn’t find anything that might be causing the crashes. I’m rather at a loss, because I thought I was doing really well to get this far, and now I’m stuck not being able to use the computer I put together.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

AmandaK2, Oct 12, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 12, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Custom PC Crashes During Install

Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Custom PC Crashes During Install

1. Custom PC Crashes During Install - Similar Threads - Custom Crashes During

2. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  3. PC crashing during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing during games: I am not sure the issue, games are crashing in various different ways, not sure of the cause. sometimes the pc blue screens other times it just outright freezes.Sometimes the game crashes but not the pc. Really unsure what the issue could be. My drivers are up to date and so...
  4. PC crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  5. PC crashing during gaming

PC crashing during gaming: Hi, I've recently faced a problem of my PC crashing while i was gaming. I've not updated anything systematically recently.On event viewer it said: The server Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter did not register with DCOM within the required...
  6. Pc crashing during gaming

Pc crashing during gaming: I build my Pc about a month and a half ago Ryzen 5 5500, Gtx 1660 super, asus prime b550-M-awifi, 2 8gb corsair vengeance, evga 600w 80 plus gold, wd 500gb ssd m.2. Not until a couple weeks i just kept randomly crashing in games like cod, rocket league, Fortnite etc after...
  7. Crashing during clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashing during clean install: Since my pc was acting up I've been trying to reinstall windows 10. 10 times in a row it has crashed during installation and had to start from the very beginning and crashes at different points. I've check every physical component, the UEFI settings including clearing the...
  8. New PC crashing during Win10 PRO install

New PC crashing during Win10 PRO install: Hi, Created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and windows is either showing errors or crashing during any % on install. On the hard drive I used from my old PC, one of the errors i got was, "Windows installation encountered and unexpected error. Verify that the...
  9. Install on Custom PC?

Install on Custom PC?: Hi, I have recently made a custom pc. I don't know how to get my current windows installation onto it without it deactivating or me having to pay. Any help would be appreciated 45445
  10. Custom Built PC - BSOD During Windows 10 Installation

Custom Built PC - BSOD During Windows 10 Installation: I'm having ongoing issues with getting BSODs while attempting to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC that I just built. Here are the specs: CPU: AMD FX-9370 MB: Gigabyte GA-990FX-GAMING GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 HDD: 240GB OCZ Trion 150 SSD RAM: 2x8GB...