Windows 10: Custom PC Freezing

Discus and support Custom PC Freezing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stanton Godshall, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Custom PC Freezing

Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force restart several times, it eventually will not freeze. Sometimes I can use it for hours without any freezing. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this though I have tried some things.HWmonitor suggests that nothing is overheating except for a pin or two that I suspect is a bad sensorI ran a windows memory test that found no proble

:)

Stanton Godshall, Feb 25, 2024

2. PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Feb 25, 2024
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Naki Win User

Custom PC Freezing

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

Custom PC Freezing

1. Custom PC Freezing - Similar Threads - Custom Freezing

2. How to contact customer support for a windows key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to contact customer support for a windows key?: I recently bought a laptop an amazon and was told to contact Microsoft for a windows 11 pro key. How or where do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-contact-customer-support-for-a-windows-key/5228308c-6707-4835-b905-5d777f0d4995
  3. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  4. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  5. 3D paint freezing up when using custom installed fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D paint freezing up when using custom installed fonts: I been using 3d paint for a while now and never had this problem before.it all started when microsoft stopped fixing their ****.and the apps just rotted away....2 weeks ago I was able to use the custom fonts to type what I want and color in certain letters I want.I had hoped...
  6. 3D paint freezing up when using custom installed fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D paint freezing up when using custom installed fonts: I been using 3d paint for a while now and never had this problem before.it all started when microsoft stopped fixing their ****.and the apps just rotted away....2 weeks ago I was able to use the custom fonts to type what I want and color in certain letters I want.I had hoped...
  7. Powerpoint - bullets and numbering customize freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powerpoint - bullets and numbering customize freezing: When I press the 'customize' button in 'bullets and numbering' it freezes the window and the application stops responding but the computer does make a sound when I try to click elsewhere of close the application. I have to force quit to get out of it. The 'picture' button...
  8. Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen: Hello everyone i am posting because I'm desperate and i feel I've tried everything. I built my new computer specs are below MOBO: MSI MAG b550 Tomahawk CPU: ryzen 5 3600 RAM: Corsair vengeance 2×8gb GPU: MSI RTX 2070 SUPER HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda CPU Cooler: ID cooling...
  9. Video files freeze Windows 10 File Explorer on custom built PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video files freeze Windows 10 File Explorer on custom built PC: Not sure if this is the right place for this (cross-posting onto r/pchelp), please direct me elsewhere if appropriate. This is on a custom built PC (pcpartpicker) which has been in use for around 3 years. When playing video files (mp4), File Explorer will become "Not...
  10. New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games: Hi all, my new custom desktop build is around one month old now. I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate. Sometimes I get an BSOD, but thats very rare. Also, the BSOD is freezing as well, so Windows is not even generating dump files. It only...