Windows 10: Custom Repeat Delay?

Discus and support Custom Repeat Delay? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to customize my keyboard's repeat delay beyond what is currently available on the Windows settings? There are only 4 options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/caseretard4321, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Custom Repeat Delay?

/u/caseretard4321, Jul 12, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 12, 2020
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 12, 2020
  4. DKA M Win User

Custom Repeat Delay?

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE CONTINUALLY REPEATS ITSELF

Thank you

Followed your suggested steps however updates still repeat so have used the Show or Hide Updates tool which has solved the repeat problem for these two driver updates.

Thanks again

DKA M, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Custom Repeat Delay?

1. Custom Repeat Delay? - Similar Threads - Custom Repeat Delay

2. customize Keyboard repeat count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customize Keyboard repeat count: There is keyboard repeat rate and delay but there is no repeat count. Tried to search for a solution but no luck. Basically what i want is for example if i press and hold X it keeps repeating like XXXXXXXXXXX until i stop,but what i want is to control the number of times it...
  3. customize Keyboard repeat count

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    customize Keyboard repeat count: There is keyboard repeat rate and delay but there is no repeat count. Tried to search for a solution but no luck. Basically what i want is for example if i press and hold X it keeps repeating like XXXXXXXXXXX until i stop,but what i want is to control the number of times it...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  5. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  6. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  8. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  9. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  10. Custom dekstop slideshow delay

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom dekstop slideshow delay: I set a slideshow on the desktop, and I think that pictures should change more slowly than 1 time per minute, but faster that 1 time in 10 minutes, for example 1 time in 5 minutes. How can I do this? (I can copy and paste the same photos 5 times and use 1 in 1min so there...