Windows 10: Custom Reset

Discus and support Custom Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm wishing to reset my laptop but i have some apps that i don't want to get rid of, mainly my paid Office and my third party anti- virus. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AryanPothu, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Custom Reset

I'm wishing to reset my laptop but i have some apps that i don't want to get rid of, mainly my paid Office and my third party anti- virus. Is there a way that i can choose to reset keeping my personal files and Office. I know that you can choose to reset and keep your personal files but it still deletes Office and Avast. I don't have my product key for Office or Avast so i don't want to but them again. Is custom reset a thing?

Thx

:)

AryanPothu, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Dinasis Win User

How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 28, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Custom Reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Custom Reset

1. Custom Reset - Similar Threads - Custom Reset

2. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  3. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  4. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  5. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  6. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  7. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  8. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image: I need help with resetting Windows 10 using a recovery image. I found a lot of instructions in the web but I think they seems to bee incomplete.I made a system image using the dism command:“dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\ /ImageFile:D:\windows10\install.wim...
  10. HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image: I need help with resetting Windows 10 using a recovery image. I found a lot of instructions in the web but I think they seems to bee incomplete.I made a system image using the dism command:“dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\ /ImageFile:D:\windows10\install.wim...