Windows 10: Custom resolution

Discus and support Custom resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JMG787, Apr 2, 2016.

1. JMG787 Win User

Custom resolution

I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say recommended or anything. Is there a way to set a custom resolution?

:)

JMG787, Apr 2, 2016

2. Custom Resolutions through NVIDA?

Any news if this is going to be fixed? I really would love to get back into W10.?

DragonAgeLegend, Apr 2, 2016
  3. marks1964 Win User
    Customs resolution with Windows 10

Hi Ryan,

If it worked ok with the earlier version of Windows (7 or 8.1) then it has to be yet another bug in Windows 10.

Let nVidia know via the website as they may be able to work it out, given some time.

I guess you only have two choices; try another set of settings or go back to the old version of Windows.

I understand this doesn't fix the problem but Windows 10 is still very buggy and Microsoft needs more time to fix it - how long? You tell me and we'll both know.

You could try upgrading again early in the new year if you end up returning to your old version of Windows.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your particular problem.

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Custom resolution

Hi @JMG787, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

If you navigate in the Control Panel to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution
    can you not set it there manually?

Custom resolution [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 2, 2016
  5. JMG787 Win User
    There's 4 resolutions that it gives me to choose and I can't go in between. I'm trying a method I found somewhere else but I don't know if it'll work yet.

JMG787, Apr 2, 2016
  6. Yes, that is the best way to put it. *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Short and sweet. No BS.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Custom resolution

Exactly! *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Custom resolution

1. Custom resolution - Similar Threads - Custom resolution

2. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  3. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  4. Custom resolution utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom resolution utility: Hi,i used custom resolution utility to set my custom resolution. But when i set it, any app that i open goes over scaling, like they goes out of the screen. Im using Nitro 5, 17' with nvidia rtc 3060 Also theres no display settings in my nvidia graphic setting. Sending...
  5. Custom resolution utility

Custom resolution utility: Hi,i used custom resolution utility to set my custom resolution. But when i set it, any app that i open goes over scaling, like they goes out of the screen. Im using Nitro 5, 17' with nvidia rtc 3060 Also theres no display settings in my nvidia graphic setting. Sending...
  6. Custom resolution utility

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. trying to stretch a custom resolution but windows 11 still centered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to stretch a custom resolution but windows 11 still centered: Hello,Yesterday i wanted to choose a custom resolution on settings, but after choosing it the screen was stretched but not my operating systems windows 11 is not stretching with the screen, it's still centered i use IGCC Intel Graphics Command Center and getting sure...
  8. trying to stretch a custom resolution but windows 11 still centered

trying to stretch a custom resolution but windows 11 still centered: Hello,Yesterday i wanted to choose a custom resolution on settings, but after choosing it the screen was stretched but not my operating systems windows 11 is not stretching with the screen, it's still centered i use IGCC Intel Graphics Command Center and getting sure...
  9. Align custom resolution to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Align custom resolution to left: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre....
  10. Align custom resolution to left

Align custom resolution to left: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre....