Windows 10: Custom scaling at a higher resolution and font/icon changes in the UI

Discus and support Custom scaling at a higher resolution and font/icon changes in the UI in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am thinking about switching from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. When the windows size scaling is at 100% in 2560x1440 it's rather small so I want to scale... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/butkaf, Nov 5, 2020.

1. /u/butkaf Win User

Custom scaling at a higher resolution and font/icon changes in the UI

I am thinking about switching from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440. When the windows size scaling is at 100% in 2560x1440 it's rather small so I want to scale it up to be the same size as when I am on 1920x1080. However when I do, it changes the font and the icons and it feels really off to me, like this. When it's 100% at 2560x1440 it looks the same as 1920x1080 but yeah, it's very small.

Is there a specific scaling on 2560x1440 that will make the UI look basically identical to 1920x1080 in size, icon and font use? I've tried a load of percentages between 115 and 135 but haven't found a sweet spot, if there is one

submitted by /u/butkaf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/butkaf, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

Desktop Icon Font Change

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or web browser?
    • Are all the device drivers and Windows updates are updated?
    As per the issue description you are facing issue with fonts which get messed up.

In Windows 10, you can now set DPI (Dots per Inch) scaling to make text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller for all displays or per-display.

Windows 10 DPI scaling improvements are primarily focused on:

• Optimizing the usability and readability of high-DPI displays
    • Providing a uniform experience multi-display systems
    • Empowering developers to optimize app-specific scaling based on display DPI
    If you are running a screen resolution of 1366x768 on a tablet, chances are that UI will look good at 100% DPI settings. But what about when you connect that tablet to an external high resolution display? In Windows 8 you can choose either 100% to
    optimize the UI on the tablet display or up to 150% to optimize the UI on the external display. You have to compromise.

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting
    per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.
    Also refer these Microsoft articles:

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Vijay B, Nov 5, 2020
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Nov 5, 2020
  4. jk22 Win User

UI issues on many applications

If I do use lessor resolution than the option of Full HD is useless. Well I will give a try!

About 110% custom scale I have done that and UI had issues again!
    I have done that and UI had issues again!

jk22, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Custom scaling at a higher resolution and font/icon changes in the UI - Similar Threads - Custom scaling higher

2. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  3. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  4. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  6. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  7. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  8. Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?

Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?: I've just bought a large 1440p monitor. I like the Windows 10 UI at the smaller size owing to the 1440p resolution, but I'd prefer my programs to be scaled a little larger. Is there any way to scale programs independently of Windows? submitted by /u/Mega_Dunsparce [link]...
  9. Higher Resolution than the screen supports/scale down below 100%?

Higher Resolution than the screen supports/scale down below 100%?: [ATTACH] Hi guys, Im looking for a way to apply a higher resolution to a screen than physically supported. I know that its physically impossible, but a rendered down version of 4k still has some practial uses, if your screen does not has to be pixel perfect, it can be...
  10. Custom scaling for low resolution screens

Custom scaling for low resolution screens: Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price range) and I just know the size of the windows and text and everything won't give me enough "real estate" so to speak, and...