Windows 10: Custom scaling for low resolution screens

Discus and support Custom scaling for low resolution screens in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goodbytes, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Custom scaling for low resolution screens

Is there anyway to adjust window/text/icon scaling in Windows 10? I'm looking to buy a laptop that has a 1080p display (like most within the price range) and I just know the size of the windows and text and everything won't give me enough "real estate" so to speak, and everything will feel too big.

Are there ways to set the scaling below 100%? I find the toolbars and windows in Windows 10 just too big.

Hope somebody here is able to help! Thank you Custom scaling for low resolution screens :)

submitted by /u/goodbytes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goodbytes, Oct 29, 2019

2. Screen resolution scaling

Hi,

To assist you better, we suggest that you post your query to
    MSDN Forums

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Mørket Win User
    Screen resolution scaling

Hi.

As both Windows and Linux user, I've been using screen scaling on Linux to be able to force (emulate?) a 1920x1080 resolution on my 1366x768 screen with the following command:

xrandr --output LVDS --panning 1920x1080 --scale 1.406x1.406

The 1080p output, as it seems, is done via GPU - as I don't see any impact performance on my computer. I can confirm that I have a 1080p resolution because even the screenshots are 1920x1080.

So, is there any way to do the same thing, but on Windows? By the way, my screen's max resolution is 1366x768. I don't want to scale just some elements (text, icons) to make it look like a 1080p resolution. I want a 'real' 1080p
    resolution.

Cheers.

Mørket, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Kari Win User
Thema:

Custom scaling for low resolution screens

1. Custom scaling for low resolution screens - Similar Threads - Custom scaling low

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  5. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  6. scaling hd resolution down to low res screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    scaling hd resolution down to low res screen: hey guys, new build on my part, using an older nvidia 980 card. custom build using a crt 1024x768 4:3 monitor. is there a way to scale down higher res content to my lower res monitor? im picturing 16:9 content, 1920x1080, being letterboxed on my screen. any ideas?...
  7. Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly: Hello. I'm not sure what I did. I think I might have hit an Hotkey. I'm not sure. Anyways. I have an MSI GE66. Fully updated windows, fully updated drivers. The 15" screen built in laptop monitor, it has a native 1920x1080 display setting. If I use that resolution the screen...
  8. Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.

Print screen capture scales images to low resolution.: HI, I have 4k monitor. When i press print screen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, the image is captured in 1920x1080 resolution on top left corner and the rest of the captured area is black. It does not capture 4k screenshot. Please help. [IMG]...
  9. Games Are In Low Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Are In Low Screen Resolution: Help All My Games Are In Low Screen Resolution These Games Are Not Made By Xbox Or Supported By Xbox Its Just Plain Old Games I Believe They Are From The 2000s And The Windows Taskbar Shows When I'm Playing Games In Full Screen The Games I Have Is: CueClub Subway Surfurs...
  10. Screen Resolution and scaling

Screen Resolution and scaling: So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on screen right does anyone have any insight on how to maybe fix this problem?...