Windows 10: Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

Discus and support Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StoneStep 1014, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning on after I have turned it off. I go into display properties, click turn off custom scaling and sign out. I do that. It appears to work, but then on the next boot up, the custom scaling is back again. I have tried uninstalling my monitors and having device manager find them again and reinstalling, but not dice.

Any suggestions? So frustrating that this keeps getting turned on without my permission.

:)

StoneStep 1014, Sep 14, 2018

2. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 14, 2018
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

Turn off custom scaling

I am using Windows 10 and am unable to turn off custom scaling, regardless of whether I'm plugged into an external display monitor or using my laptop display. I have read previous strings/posts on this topic....I'm NOT using an LG monitor or any special
    gaming software. I have attempted to 'turn off' custom scaling and have signed out numerous times....no change.

Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On 5b83480b-f66c-4994-a31a-cde0196c31f3.png

Mary_MGC Inc., Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

1. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On - Similar Threads - Custom Scaling Keeps

2. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  3. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  4. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  5. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  6. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  7. Custom Scaling Factor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling Factor: Greetings All, I wanted to know if there is a way to make my windows laptop look crisp and clear, without making the icons and the font too big. I have a 14 inch laptop and I need the best custom scaling factor so that my icons and apps are not blurry. I have already tried...
  8. Custom scaling query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling query: If I make scaling a very high percentage in Windows 10, does it revert to 100% or a more easy to read size if you log into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-query/0b5fca9c-4ba1-4190-a6b6-a81d65472183
  9. Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can Custom Scaling be turned off permanently?: I'm having an issue where my laptop sets custom scaling to 175% every time I power cycle. It scales all screens to some degree, regardless of resolution, and requires me to log off and on again to fix it, which is mildly infuriating. I've updated all drivers and checked...
  10. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 custom scaling keeps resetting