Windows 10: custom scaling level.

Discus and support custom scaling level. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 21, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

custom scaling level.

Under set a custom scaling level.
    How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke?

I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect.

Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 21, 2018

2. Custom Scaling Level - Below 100%

Hi,

I realize that you are looking for custom scaling level below 100%. I will try to help you with this issue.

The feature that you are looking for is not available as of now. I recommend you to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product using the “Feedback app”.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 21, 2018
  3. custom scaling level not initializing sometimes

I'm running a 4K display at 3840x2160 so I've set my custom scaling level to 150%. Once in a while when I wake the system up and unlock my session the icons are shrunk (probably down to 100%). If I log out and log in again I'm back to normal. I notice the settings dialog warns that setting a custom scaling level is "not recommended". What am I supposed to do instead?

some relevant system info:
    GeForce GTX 960
    Asus PB297Q 4K display

sgt panties, Jun 21, 2018
  4. custom scaling level.

How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

custom scaling level.

1. custom scaling level. - Similar Threads - custom scaling level

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  5. Custom Toolbar Scaling

Custom Toolbar Scaling: Hi, I run my windows 10 laptop on external monitor using 1920x1080 with 150% scaling. I have added quick launch toolbar to the taskbar. when I disconnect the external monitor, and use my build-in monitor 1366x768 with 100%, all icons on taskbar scale correctly except...
  6. Custom Scaling Factor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling Factor: Greetings All, I wanted to know if there is a way to make my windows laptop look crisp and clear, without making the icons and the font too big. I have a 14 inch laptop and I need the best custom scaling factor so that my icons and apps are not blurry. I have already tried...
  7. Custom scaling query

Custom scaling query: If I make scaling a very high percentage in Windows 10, does it revert to 100% or a more easy to read size if you log into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-query/0b5fca9c-4ba1-4190-a6b6-a81d65472183
  8. Separate custom scaling levels for each display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate custom scaling levels for each display in Windows 10: OS: windows10 ver 1903 setup: 17" laptop with 1920x1080, and 24" LCD with 1980x1080 connected to the laptop via HDMI issue: try to set a separate custom scaling level, which should be easy following:...
  9. custom scaling level not initializing sometimes

custom scaling level not initializing sometimes: I'm running a 4K display at 3840x2160 so I've set my custom scaling level to 150%. Once in a while when I wake the system up and unlock my session the icons are shrunk (probably down to 100%). If I log out and log in again I'm back to normal. I notice the settings dialog...
  10. Hotkey for changing scaling level?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey for changing scaling level?: Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10? I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs. Any chance of this happening? 66511