Windows 10: Custom scaling on multiple displays

Discus and support Custom scaling on multiple displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GastonPossel, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Custom scaling on multiple displays

I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens:

- Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch

- Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height

Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic 1920x1080p 22 inch

Windows scales each monitor by defaut, which is a perfect fit for the primary and the external monitor 250% and 100% respectively. But the available scale options for the secondary 3840x1100p monitor are all too small. Windows let me scale this 2nd screen up to 175%, but as it has the same width than the primary 4k screen, it should be scaled to 250% to mach the size of text and apps.

Custom scaling aplies a factor to all screens equally, so if I set a custom setting of 250%, the 3rd 1080p screen becomes useless.

Is there a way to set this scale configuration?:

Primary - 250% recommended by default

Secondary - 250% not allowed in standard drop menu

External - 100%

:)

GastonPossel, Jul 24, 2020

2. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale
    and layout I've set scaling to 225% (which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options) and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% (too big) with the setting below that being 250% (too small). Setting a custom
    scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors (changing them to 275%) making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual
    display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage (in this case 275%) to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

CiscoKid08, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Custom scaling on multiple displays

Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Custom scaling on multiple displays

1. Custom scaling on multiple displays - Similar Threads - Custom scaling multiple

2. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Custom scaling not working on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom scaling not working on multiple screens: Hi, I have three screens and I need to set their scaling percentages as follows:Screen 1: 133%Screen 2: 133%Screen 3: 100%How do I do that on Windows 10?Advanced scaling settings -> Custom scaling changes them all globally and I need screen number 3 with 100% scaling and...
  5. Custom scaling not working on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom scaling not working on multiple screens: Hi, I have three screens and I need to set their scaling percentages as follows:Screen 1: 133%Screen 2: 133%Screen 3: 100%How do I do that on Windows 10?Advanced scaling settings -> Custom scaling changes them all globally and I need screen number 3 with 100% scaling and...
  6. Custom scaling not working on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  8. Display Customization - Scaling

Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  9. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  10. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock: Hello, I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale and layout...