Windows 10: Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan?

Discus and support Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on my Dell Desktop PC I find the full scan option hardly ever works, and can take 5hrs + to run. Can you please confirm if all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by steve mac2, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan?

I run Windows 10 on my Dell Desktop PC I find the full scan option hardly ever works, and can take 5hrs + to run.

Can you please confirm if all system volume back up files on my separate hard drive are included within the custom scan option for the separate hard drive ie my back up files.

Thanks

:)

steve mac2, Jan 31, 2020
  2. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 31, 2020
  3. JoeJY Win User

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Brian Cab Win User

Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan?

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan?

1. Custom Scan of stand alone hard drive - are the system volume files all included in a scan? - Similar Threads - Custom Scan stand

2. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  3. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  4. Antivirus Scans System Drive Only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Scans System Drive Only: If antivirus scans only system drive, is my genshin impact game files in external hard disk will be quarantined? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-scans-system-drive-only/829d353b-1a02-46db-afad-411f1f44e28d
  5. "Scanning and repairing hard drive (c:)"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Scanning and repairing hard drive (c:)": So since 3 days or so ive been getting this message every time i start my computer. It never finds any error though, it instantly goes to 100%. Should i be worried? submitted by /u/I_DONT_LIKE_KIDS [link] [comments]...
  6. All scans of mapped drive fail (full, quick, custom)

All scans of mapped drive fail (full, quick, custom): Hi! I'm having a problem with the Custom Scan operation in Windows Defender. I use this frequently on my local machine, but when I try to scan my NAS (mapped as "H") it fails taking anywhere from several seconds to 13-minutes but always showing 0 files scanned. The topology...
  7. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  8. How to uninstall stand-alone operating system Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall stand-alone operating system Win 10: I want to uninstall Windows 10 completely. I have no other operating system on my computer. I do not have the original disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-stand-alone-operating-system-win/e93db988-7f18-444b-a6fb-c11314bf9db7
  9. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  10. Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?

Can I do a full scan on all connected Hard Drives?: I have 2 external HD's connected to my PC. The PC has 2 internal HD's inside it. Can I get Windows Defender to scan all of them when I ask for a Full Scan? Or do I have to do one at a time? My Kaspersky would let me do this....