Windows 10: custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

Discus and support custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tikalster, Sep 18, 2015.

1. tikalster Win User

custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

Hello friends,
    I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar that you can control the exact setting, but rather just a few options. The 6 options it gives me do not work correctly for my screen size. I am using dual monitors. Anyone know of a fix for this? I am not particularly tech savvy.

:)

tikalster, Sep 18, 2015
  2. leeajl37 Win User

Windows 10 desktop will not scale to fit correctly

Hi,

I'm using my Samsung tv as my monitor. It's a 40 inch HD 1080p tv. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I am having a few problems with the resolution. 1920x1080 is recommended and looks amazing. The problem I am having is that the task bar and most
    of the desktop go off the edges of the screen and I can only see half of each. I have all my drivers updated. I am continually forced to use 1600x1200 scaled to fit the screen and the colors look washed out.

Is there a way to have the resolution be 1920x1080 and custom fit the edges of the screen so everything will fit? I.E. Like in many games you can adjust the edges of the screen to fit perfectly on your tv.

Thanks in advance!

leeajl37, Sep 18, 2015
  3. JonVVayne Win User
    Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10

Just got windows 10. I use an HD TV for a monitor, and the Resolution does not fit the screen. Icons on my Desktop are against a border that is outside the screen, and my Start Menu and other items on the bottom are out of the viewing area as well.
    Tried changing resolution and other settings to no avail. Contacted customer support and they told me there is no known resolution for this issue. They suggested in the mean time that I update my drivers, which I did. Sadly, the problem still persists.
    They also suggested I post a question here to receive an update on a resolution.

JonVVayne, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

1. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor - Similar Threads - custom screen resolution

2. changed screen resolution to fit game to my tv screen. now my screen has wide black...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changed screen resolution to fit game to my tv screen. now my screen has wide black...: i tried resetting computer to a few weeks ago, still have the black boarder. the black things are about 5 inches wide on each side of tv screen. i cannot see some icons and my system tray is almost useless now. my apps i have to fit and move them all the time. to be able to...
  3. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  4. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  5. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen resolution does not fit screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution does not fit screen: I have a HP 2310m monitor, with a 1920x1080 resolution. If I set my resolution in windows settings to 1920x1080, it does not fit my monitor, and not all of the screen can be seen. When I check my monitor settings, it grays out the option to change resolution, unless I set...
  7. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  8. Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.

Monitor resolution is not fitting correctly to my screen.: Hello, I would appreciate it if someone could help me find a solution to this problem. My screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (which is the recommended resolution for my screen) but it is not fitting to my screen correctly. There are still some parts of the screen that...
  9. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...
  10. Resolution not fitting screen & Others

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution not fitting screen & Others: I have a few problems, I'll just list them and what I know because frankly I can't think of the answers. Even working with computers as a job I'm still mind blown by some of these. Problem 1 I have a XFX R7-260X-CNF4 R7 260X running on windows 10 x64. Anyway my monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen resolution not fitting