Windows 10: Custom Service Unable to Register URL

Discus and support Custom Service Unable to Register URL in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greeting! I have a custom service that was made with other people and recently, I have been encountering a strange issue with it. Up until about two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Worklock, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Worklock Win User

Custom Service Unable to Register URL

Greeting!

I have a custom service that was made with other people and recently, I have been encountering a strange issue with it. Up until about two days ago, I could start and stop the service and it would register its URL just fine. Recently, it began being unable to register the URL on service start-up with its log saying "Unable to register port 50101, another process may be using the port". I have checked using the Resource Monitor and have seen no other processes using that same port.

So far, I have attempted adding to the iplisten list (via "netsh http add iplisten ipaddress=0.0.0.0:50101"), manually reserving the URL (via "netsh http add urlacl url="http://+:50101/<endpoint>"), adjusting the security settings for the executable (modifying the settings until the SDDL of the executable matches that of my coworkers), ensuring the service is running using an admin account, and ensuring the URL is being reserved under an admin account (also tried reserving it for "\Everyone").

This isn't the first time this problem has occurred, and the other time it occurred my coworker had to rebuild Windows to fix the problem. Any ideas on what could be done other than that?

:)

Worklock, Aug 23, 2019

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Unable to register service

I've upgraded to the latest firmware.

I've put all my VoIP settings back on my phone but I now get "Unable to register to service" all the time I try and Register for VoIP.

Any ideas?

longshanks---01, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Unable to register 7zip to open zip files

You did try re-adding it to context menu after the reboot/ reinstall as per this post? It doesn't show up otherwise.

Unable to register 7zip to open zip files - Windows 10 Forums

Callender, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Custom Service Unable to Register URL - Similar Threads - Custom Service Unable

2. Customer service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customer service: My computer was hacked need to speak to someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-service/dc9da1d5-54d9-4890-ada6-f632d8135e97
  3. Customer service?

Customer service?: My hp laptop logged me out, due to a update, and now I am required to login in but I forgot my password. I cannot reset my password because the device I am logged in on for that email verification is the device the update logged me out of. What should I do?I also called the...
  4. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url: Hello,I have working on a solution where I need to control the defender updates by disabling the auto updates and triggering the updates via a custom logic. I see there are 3 options in Set-MpPreference's signaturefallbackorder i.e Update server, wsus, mmc and one additional...
  5. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url: Hello,I have working on a solution where I need to control the defender updates by disabling the auto updates and triggering the updates via a custom logic. I see there are 3 options in Set-MpPreference's signaturefallbackorder i.e Update server, wsus, mmc and one additional...
  6. Update SignatureFallBackOrder to custom url

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Customer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Service: I have been trying to get my laptop out of S Mode since 9am this morning. It is now 3pm. First with HP, now with Microsoft. I have done all the normal steps found in the forums and quick Google searches. I’m currently wiping my laptop and will just have to start from scratch...
  8. Customer Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Customer Service: I have been trying to get my laptop out of S Mode since 9am this morning. It is now 3pm. First with HP, now with Microsoft. I have done all the normal steps found in the forums and quick Google searches. I’m currently wiping my laptop and will just have to start from scratch...
  9. customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customer service: I need to know is there a way to get in touch with a person at Microsoft. My mother is having this problem trying to login to her computer for about two months now and we can't figure it out. If I could talk to a human we could fix it in five minutes. I've read all the...
  10. Customer Service

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Customer Service: I have a desktop linked up to an old Microsoft account that we no longer have access to. The desktop has updated itself and is asking for the password to this old account. The only options it gives me is to send an email to this same account I cannot access. Ive called 3...