Windows 10: Custom shortcut glitch help

Discus and support Custom shortcut glitch help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to set up custom shortcuts in my windows and I had set up ctrl alt 9 to open up excel. I made a new folder with all of the shortcuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svettypoo, Apr 13, 2016.

1. svettypoo Win User

Custom shortcut glitch help

Hello,

I wanted to set up custom shortcuts in my windows and I had set up ctrl alt 9 to open up excel. I made a new folder with all of the shortcuts of the programs I wanted opened quickly, and I made the custom shortcut keys. I don't know what happaned, but now whenever I press 9, excel opens. I have deleted the custom shortcut keys but this hasn't made the problem go away. Is there a place where I can see all of the shortcuts and delete this erroneous shortcut? Thank you. *Smile

:)

svettypoo, Apr 13, 2016

2. Shortcut Glitch

Hello Alexander,

There can be several reasons should you encounter this kind of issue on Windows 10. We'll need more information in order to isolate the possible causes. Please answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your Windows 10 device?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Does the issue only occur when running a specific app?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Shortcut Glitch

So whenever Im doing Anything, especially Gaming, I have a glitch. The Windows Key + Tab Shortcut Activates, Minimalizing everything and ruining everything. I've checke many times and Im not even touching it, trust me. Does anyone know A Fix?

AlexanderNmarquez, Apr 13, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

In the properties for the shortcut, what does the tab shortcut / shortcut key say?

wyldman68, Apr 13, 2016
  5. svettypoo Win User
    I figured out that if I delete the shortcut, pressing the 9 key no longer opens up excel. However, the 9 key no longer works on the num pad (which is where my shortcut was set to)...

svettypoo, Apr 13, 2016
  6. svettypoo Win User
    Now my shortcut works... but my 9 key doesn't. The shortcut says ctrl alt 9

svettypoo, Apr 13, 2016
  7. svettypoo Win User
    If I restore both of the excel shortcut files, and have no shortcut associated with either one, 9 opens up my excel. If I delete both excel shortcut files, numpad 9 does absolutely nothing, and doesn't even type 9...

svettypoo, Apr 13, 2016
  8. wyldman68 Win User

Did you try to change the 9 key to an F key. This may fix the 9 key from not working.

wyldman68, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom shortcut glitch help - Similar Threads - Custom shortcut glitch

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. Changing customized shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing customized shortcut keys: Hello everyone, I've been having trouble with a Microsoft predefined shortcut and would like to delete that Microsoft defined shortcut. When I was using Jetbrains IntelliJ Idea IDE, I used to press CTRL + Alt + L to do code reformatting but now when I press the key...
  5. Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts: It seems windows doesn't have a feature to have different shortcuts for the virtual desktops. If it's possible can someone recommend a program I can customize my virtual desktops to have different shortcuts. For example I would like Desktop 1 to be clean and then Desktop 2...
  6. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  7. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  8. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  9. Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?

Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?: I am looking for a way to create a custom "string" of actions that I can assign to a keyboard shortcut. I am aware of certain programs that allow me to set a shortcut key (though I do not completely know how to use them), but is there a possibility to set a string of actions?...
  10. Need some help with a custom shortcut

Need some help with a custom shortcut: Im trying to make a shortcut to open Saitek's Control panel. This panel looks similar to the windows control panel for controllers, C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl Saitek's version uses its own control panel interface with more options...