Windows 10: Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

Discus and support Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using a smaller taskbar for a while now, and I changed it back to bigger and it's too big. I want to use a smaller taskbar. I know I can turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UMAYEERIBN, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

I've been using a smaller taskbar for a while now, and I changed it back to bigger and it's too big. I want to use a smaller taskbar. I know I can turn on small taskbar icons but that'll get rid of the notification badge or icons. I want the notification badge. Is there any way I can use the registry editor maybe to make the taskbar smaller without losing the notification symbol/badge?

I've done this with the window title bar but cant figure out how to do it with the task bar.

Any help is appreciated, just comment Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge :D

:)

UMAYEERIBN, Dec 14, 2020

2. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much more. One feature that wasn’t really talked about much but evident during the session was taskbar badging. As you can see in the image below, taskbar badging is for Universal Windows Platform apps and showcases a notification counter on the taskbar.

Source
    Taskbar Notification Badges are coming to Windows 10 Universal apps

hTconeM9user, Dec 14, 2020
  3. 14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In the build 14328, the Taskbar badging option is by default. You need to pin the apps on the taskbar and once you get any email or alarm is set then you will get this Taskbar badging notification.

I suggest you to refer to the below article and go through the section “Taskbar Badging for UWP apps”
    and check if it helps.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

Notification centre icon on taskbar

OK. So if Show Badges is off I think that could be an override for your
    Taskbar's Notification icon's preference. Have you tried setting Show Badges on? Is Show Badges working on any Taskbar icon? Related to this maybe it would be an idea to increase the size of your Taskbar--give it some more pixels to work with?

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

1. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge - Similar Threads - Custom Smaller Taskbar

2. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  3. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed: Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004. What else...
  4. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  5. smaller screen size

smaller screen size: Will your next update fix the smaller size information on computer screen caused by upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-screen-size/77608d4e-63af-4d28-8d7e-1e4b7d048f00
  6. how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size

how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size: how to minimize taskbar in windows 10 to smaller size at bottom of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-minimize-taskbar-in-windows-10-to-smaller/443ed909-c536-4df3-a656-f3a73cf9599c
  7. Page sizes smaller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page sizes smaller: OOPS...forgot one other thing. My g-mail,, etc pages are smaller. When I enlarged them, the 'maximize, minimize and x' are not displayed. I need all the help I can get....sorry!...
  8. File size gets smaller

File size gets smaller: I’m scanning in slides which come out at 29MP, I edit them in Microsoft Photos but when I save they are reduced to 5MP and lose quality. How can I keep the size and quality?...
  9. What are Taskbar Badges

in Windows 10 Support
    What are Taskbar Badges: In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile. Will someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 75582
  10. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App: Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much...