Windows 10: custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work

Discus and support custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is the issue fixed in Windows 10 that has to do with Sound customization for windows such as changing the start sound and exit sounds etc. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by encom45, Aug 19, 2015.

1. encom45 Win User

custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work

is the issue fixed in Windows 10 that has to do with Sound customization for windows such as changing the start sound and exit sounds etc. I could never get it work with Win 7 pro. either with Soundpackager from Win customize nore a straight wav file.

:)

encom45, Aug 19, 2015
  2. SigurdurF Win User

Windows 10 error "file system error (-1073741819)" can't run any .exe files

Thank you!! This worked for me. I also tried to simply disable all sounds in Windows, that is changing the sound scheme to No Sound in the control panel. That worked and I don't need to disable the service so I can have sound in my applications. Probably
    some error occurs when the "run as administrator" dialog appears and it plays its default dialog sound.

Edit: My sound scheme was previously set to "Landscape". If I set my sound scheme back to Landscape (and indeed most of the other sound schemes available from Windows 7) the system crashed again on the "run as administrator" dialog. Changing to Windows
    default sound scheme works without problems.

My guess is simply that the sound schemes became corrupted when upgrading Windows, I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit to Windows 10.

SigurdurF, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Check if the Windows Audio Manager Service is running. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type “Services.msc” and press
      Enter

• Double-click Windows Audio Manager.

• Set the Startup type of Windows Audio Manager to
      Manual

• Click Start to start the service. Click
      OK.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Method 3: Run SFC Scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work

1. custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work - Similar Threads - custom sound scheme

2. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  3. My custom sound scheme on windows 11 is not working. How can I fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My custom sound scheme on windows 11 is not working. How can I fix that?: I changed the sound scheme on Windows 11 to my own custom sounds. I used .wav files and I did click Apply and OK but only some of them work. The Device Connect and Disconnect and Pop-Ups work but notifications, changing the volume, and new text messages don't work. They did...
  4. My custom sound scheme on windows 11 is not working. How can I fix that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My custom sound scheme on windows 11 is not working. How can I fix that?: I changed the sound scheme on Windows 11 to my own custom sounds. I used .wav files and I did click Apply and OK but only some of them work. The Device Connect and Disconnect and Pop-Ups work but notifications, changing the volume, and new text messages don't work. They did...
  5. Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I almost replace every Windows 10 sound to 8.1's because I like them more, but I noticed some of the events I set sounds for doesn't work while the others do. For example, I can get UAC, Exclamation, Asterisk, and Default Beep, and Critical stop to work, but I can't get...
  6. Is there a Windows 7 sound scheme for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a Windows 7 sound scheme for Windows 10?: I've been a die-hard Windows 7 user for years but I've lost too much software support, with the last straw being the new VR headsets. I've made the switch, but every new sound effect feels like bill gates personally harassing me. I've looked but I can't find a sound scheme I...
  7. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  8. How to install .soundpack for custom windows sound scheme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install .soundpack for custom windows sound scheme?: I want to install a custom sound scheme in windows 10, the one I wanted to install comes in .soundpack. How can I open this format and more importantly; Is there a simple easy way to install this as a scheme, and not have to do it sound by sound. Thanks ✌️ submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I have noticed many people have had problems with not being able to set a custom sound scheme on Windows 10. I have found a solution/workaround to the problem. Be sure to move the audio file(s) into this directory first: "C:\Windows\Media\" And then once they are...
  10. Sound Scheme not Working

Sound Scheme not Working: My sounds work fine in different applications and when I play them manually in my "change system sounds" but not when they open and close programs, minimize or maximaze programs or any other system sounds. I have a windows 10 laptop and when I changed my sound schemes on my...