Windows 10: Custom Sound Schemes

Discus and support Custom Sound Schemes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by milnesiumtardigrada, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Custom Sound Schemes

So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?

:)

milnesiumtardigrada, Mar 30, 2020

2. Sound Schemes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that when you when you download any anything from the internet it be stored in the download folder.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard and hit
      Enter.

• Click on Control panel and select
      Sound.

• Click on Sound Tab.

• Under Sound Scheme select
      No Sound.

• Under the program event window select the program for which you want to change the sound scheme.

• Then click on browse and in the left pane select
      downloads.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Tracy- Win User
    Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

I'm having the very same problem.

Method One didn't resolve the issue.

I don't know why you'd suggest Method 2. There is clearly nothing wrong with our sound drivers. The sounds are playing; Windows 10 is not accepting the instruction to implement the modified sound scheme.

Method 3 directs to a page that does not exist.

Tracy-, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Custom Sound Schemes

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

I change the Sounds Scheme in Windows 10, "Test" and required sound plays, click apply and ok and then when for instance I get a new E Mail the Windows default sound plays and not the sound I've applied - any suggestions appreciated

Shipperman, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Custom Sound Schemes

1. Custom Sound Schemes - Similar Threads - Custom Sound Schemes

2. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  3. Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound Schemes deosn't work and the sound test button doesn't playback any sound...: Custom Sound Schemes don't work, and neither does the button that allows you to play Sound playback in the Sound applet in the Control Panel. So I am having a rather annoying issue. it is in the title and there is also an imageSound Schemes just literally don't work and so...
  4. Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I almost replace every Windows 10 sound to 8.1's because I like them more, but I noticed some of the events I set sounds for doesn't work while the others do. For example, I can get UAC, Exclamation, Asterisk, and Default Beep, and Critical stop to work, but I can't get...
  5. How to install .soundpack for custom windows sound scheme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install .soundpack for custom windows sound scheme?: I want to install a custom sound scheme in windows 10, the one I wanted to install comes in .soundpack. How can I open this format and more importantly; Is there a simple easy way to install this as a scheme, and not have to do it sound by sound. Thanks ✌️ submitted by...
  6. Sound scheme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound scheme: Hello. Do you guys knowe where could I find good old Win 95/98/2000 and WinXP sound scheemes, or at least few of them ? I would love to have them on my Win10. Such nostalgic, much oldschool, very great. submitted by /u/bArtessio [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I have noticed many people have had problems with not being able to set a custom sound scheme on Windows 10. I have found a solution/workaround to the problem. Be sure to move the audio file(s) into this directory first: "C:\Windows\Media\" And then once they are...
  8. sound scheme

sound scheme: I have applied windows default (modified) sound scheme. Now i want to reset and apply windows default sound schem. Pleaase help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-scheme/fe343c71-905d-4f4f-b50b-ad84c12c97d3
  9. Missing sound schemes?

Missing sound schemes?: I have no alternative sound schemes on my win 10 installation. Is this normal at this stage? There are folders there for cityscape, delta and others but nothing in the folders. It's a clean install after upgrade. Thanks if anybody can enlighten me. 16139
  10. custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work

custom sound scheme i.e. windows 7 doesnt work: is the issue fixed in Windows 10 that has to do with Sound customization for windows such as changing the start sound and exit sounds etc. I could never get it work with Win 7 pro. either with Soundpackager from Win customize nore a straight wav file. 17718