Windows 10: Custom sound set not syncing

Discus and support Custom sound set not syncing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I like to use my own sound effects for Windows and keep them in My Documents. So I right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zaarin2003, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Custom sound set not syncing

Hi,

I like to use my own sound effects for Windows and keep them in My Documents. So I right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner and select sounds. Then find and select my own wav files for each event I'd like to use.

If works for a while, but then reverts back to default.

I have another PC, a laptop, and would like to use the same sound set on that too - except the laptop does not have the same files on it. I had hoped that the laptop sound theme would sync from the desktop, but clearly not! Could the laptop not having the relevant sound files be the cause of the desktop's sound theme reverting to default?

Matt

:)

zaarin2003, Oct 8, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Custom ringtones for mango update.......WP7

Are they visible in Zune and did you sync them to the phone? After that, go to Settings>ringtones + sounds and change. Please note that you may have to scroll up on the ringtone list to see your custom ones and you can't use a custom ringtone on the text
    message tone.

Entegy, Oct 8, 2015
  3. jrd5235 Win User
    Setting custom sound in Outlook 2016

Hello all,

I've been trying to set some custom sounds for Outlook 2016, using Windows 10. I am mostly interested in setting a sound for when messages are received. In "Sounds", I am able to browse to the .wav file that I want to use. I then test the sound, and hit apply.
    After I do that, I do not get any sound whenever a message is received. I can then go back and set all system sounds to default, and it works the way it normally does. Any guesses on what to do now?

jrd5235, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Custom sound set not syncing

Try placing (at first) a copy of the sounds folder in C:\Windows\Media, then setup your sounds how you like them. Note They only stay for the current used theme, when you change to a different theme you'll need to reset your sound.

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Custom sound set not syncing

1. Custom sound set not syncing - Similar Threads - Custom sound set

2. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  3. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Custom sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  6. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game): Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background? To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone sends me a text in-game, and the game is minimized, the only thing that happens is it lights up like this [img] . So i would...
  7. Customize Startup Sound

Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  8. Custom System Sounds

Custom System Sounds: hello, I've been trying to change my USB connect and disconnect sounds, but they aren't playing at all. I am sure they are .wav files, and I can choose them in the change system sounds menu, but they aren't working. Any advice?...
  9. Help With Custom Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help With Custom Sounds: Hello everyone who is reading this. I am having an issue with custom sounds. I have some custom sounds downloaded in the Media Folder. All of the sounds are in the .wav format. When I select the sounds in the sounds page of the control panel, the icon turns yellow and the...
  10. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...