Windows 10: Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default

Discus and support Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I create a custom sound scheme, and save it, for some reason, the system reverts to the Windows Default sound settings. It does this on more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by William Vaughn, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default

If I create a custom sound scheme, and save it, for some reason, the system reverts to the Windows Default sound settings. It does this on more than one of my systems.

:)

William Vaughn, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2021
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default

Reset sound config to normal windows vista?

I was screwin around with settings to get a guitar to work. and after failing my mic no longer works. the mic itself does work i tried on my laptop. i was wondering if theres a way i can set the windows sound config in control panel to defaults. see if that helps.

Open for other suggestions.

Thanks.

Right now the microphone says "ready" on it. but when i rub it or talk, no movement in the sound bar.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default

1. Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default - Similar Threads - Custom Sounds reset

2. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  3. Custom Sounds Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sounds Windows 11: Hi,I would like to use a different sound clip when my PC locks or shuts down. However, each time they are run, the Groove Music app opens for no reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-sounds-windows-11/1665ceb7-47b1-40bd-941b-7ee808958669
  4. Custom Sounds Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sounds Windows 11: Hi,I would like to use a different sound clip when my PC locks or shuts down. However, each time they are run, the Groove Music app opens for no reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-sounds-windows-11/1665ceb7-47b1-40bd-941b-7ee808958669
  5. Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11: Hi Everyone,I uploaded some custom icons to my apps but I want to restore them to the default icons. However, I don't know how to do this.Please may someone inform how to do thisKind Regards Aryan...
  6. Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting custom icons to default in windows 11: Hi Everyone,I uploaded some custom icons to my apps but I want to restore them to the default icons. However, I don't know how to do this.Please may someone inform how to do thisKind Regards Aryan...
  7. Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 21h1 default profile customization: Are there any instructions on how to log in under audit mode, customized the profile to its entirety, precisely how i want it, then copy it to the default users profile, so every user logging in gets that exact same profile?I've been scouring all of microsoft and the web...
  8. Windows 10 Reset on a Custom PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reset on a Custom PC: I’m in the process of building a new PC. I plan on giving my old custom PC to my dad. I am wondering how to reset everything on the computer to a fresh boot of Windows 10 so that he has a clean slate to work with. Is this possible? If so, can someone tell me how to go about...
  9. Windows 10 Default Sound not working

Windows 10 Default Sound not working: In the last two days, out of the blue, the windows default sound not working and I tested the speakers and they are working fine so I don't know what had gone wrong, I also tried the audio troubleshooter and disable sound enhancement already, can anyone help please?...
  10. Windows 10 custom sound commands

Windows 10 custom sound commands: Hello! I have a Windows 10 x64 Home 1803 on a Surface Go and I have a question, is there any way to add a custom sound command? (That works, not like Shutdown, Logon, Logoff, and Unlock) The commands include: -Specific launch and shutdown programs and applications...