Windows 10: Custom sounds not working

Discus and support Custom sounds not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/se_boi, Feb 16, 2021.

1. /u/se_boi Win User

Custom sounds not working

I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
    (Similar issue seems to have been described here before: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

submitted by /u/se_boi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/se_boi, Feb 16, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Custom sounds not working :p

cadaveca, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Tracy- Win User
    Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

I'm having the very same problem.

Method One didn't resolve the issue.

I don't know why you'd suggest Method 2. There is clearly nothing wrong with our sound drivers. The sounds are playing; Windows 10 is not accepting the instruction to implement the modified sound scheme.

Method 3 directs to a page that does not exist.

Tracy-, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Custom sounds not working

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Check if the Windows Audio Manager Service is running. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type “Services.msc” and press
      Enter

• Double-click Windows Audio Manager.

• Set the Startup type of Windows Audio Manager to
      Manual

• Click Start to start the service. Click
      OK.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Method 3: Run SFC Scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Custom sounds not working

1. Custom sounds not working - Similar Threads - Custom sounds working

2. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  3. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  4. Custom Notification Sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Notification Sounds not working: I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The...
  5. Customize Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  6. Custom System Sounds

Custom System Sounds: hello, I've been trying to change my USB connect and disconnect sounds, but they aren't playing at all. I am sure they are .wav files, and I can choose them in the change system sounds menu, but they aren't working. Any advice?...
  7. Some custom system sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some custom system sounds not working: Iv'e recently been trying to make my computer make the same sounds as the PC from Pokemon. I successfully downloaded sound files and used the sound control panel to put which sounds where I prefer. Now when I apply these changes the only system sound that operates is the one...
  8. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  9. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I have noticed many people have had problems with not being able to set a custom sound scheme on Windows 10. I have found a solution/workaround to the problem. Be sure to move the audio file(s) into this directory first: "C:\Windows\Media\" And then once they are...
  10. Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Custom sounds Regedit not working?: Hi Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently I've been messing around with my build and my OS and seeing what i can do with WIN10 and it seems like a lot of the features...