Windows 10: Custom Start Menu Button Collection for Windows 10

Discus and support Custom Start Menu Button Collection for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Over at Seven Forums there's a CustomStart Menu Button Collection post that's offers plenty of alternatives to Windows start appearance. I remembered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GARoss, Oct 22, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

Custom Start Menu Button Collection for Windows 10

Over at Seven Forums there's a CustomStart Menu Button Collection post that's offers plenty of alternatives to Windows start appearance. I remembered a Xara tutorial by Gary Priester over at XaraXone.com a few years ago & liked it so much I thought I'd use Gary's techniques for a Windows 10 version. I used Classic Shell to change the Windows 10 start icon. Classic Shell does plenty more but my only goal was to change the Windows 10 start button icon shown below.

Fromthis...

Custom Start Menu Button Collection for Windows 10 [​IMG]

to this.

The icon works a little like a traffic light. When the task bar pops up, the top icon is visible. Move the mouse over the icon & the middle (10) icon is visible & select the icon with left mouse click the Windows flag pops up.

This one works opposite on the second & third icons.

Anyone can make their own or find others to used. Mine is a 54x162 pixels png with no background. You can go larger but be aware that the icon will overcrowd the taskbar. Give it a try. Have fun & post your results! *Smile

:)

GARoss, Oct 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Start Menu not working

Original Title: Windows 10 - Apps Store, etc.

Unable to access the Windows 10 menu bar - in particular, Windows JigSaw; the App Store; and Microsoft Classic Solitaire collections (to name a few) which have all been downloaded. The Start-Up Menu has changed. The "Start" button now is what is understood
    to be "Cortana" which is not desired. How can the other Start Menu be restored? Internet Explorer 11 is ticked off in Programs and Features - where to from there?

b1qcnb43b1qcnb43, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

They look great I use the same dimension as that is the proper size. I have a Template somewhere if you want it??

5. GARoss Win User
    Thanks!

I used Xara Design Pro 6 & followed Gary Priester's tutorial at Xara Xone but modified it for Windows 10. Then setup a template in Photoshop CS6. There's some great ideas for these at the Seven Forum website. That's where I got the dimensions to make these.

GARoss, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I had a PDF Template but I must have lost it with all of the changes to all of these Windows 10 releases. I don't think you need it anyway*Smile

7. GARoss Win User
    Do you have Photoshop or another similar program?

GARoss, Oct 22, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Yes I do.

9. GARoss Win User
    Here are a few more.

GARoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom Start Menu Button Collection for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Custom Start Menu

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Customize Windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Windows 10 start button: Can you change the Windows 10 Start button and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-windows-10-start-button/a07a138d-fd28-470e-90c6-fac58dab6bc6
  4. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. How to customize power button in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Windows 10 start menu customizing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu customizing?: I like the new start menu however I don't like that we can not customize the ICONS used on the start menu. Does anyone know a way to make windows shortcut icons at least use the full shortcut size. See how the non-windows store icons are just horrible. Obly used to work for...