Windows 10: Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

Discus and support Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by noahw86, May 3, 2016.

1. noahw86 Win User

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why.

What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind.

And as for the start menu, the file is being applied to the default profile and i can open the layoutmodification.xml file in the current user location and the default user location and the contents of it match the desirable xml file on the SCCM server that's being deployed, but the start menu still looks original to a fresh Win10 install, but it also has messed up metro app shortcuts that are left behind from the apps that were removed.

Why is this? Is it because of patching my WIM within SCCM to have the latest patches\updates?

I've included a screen shot of what it looks like now on the start menu and my currently installed metro apps. The other is the screenshot of the current update status to the WIM within SCCM

:)

noahw86, May 3, 2016

2. Major Start Menu and Metro apps problem after Fall Upate.

I have a serious problem with start menu and metro apps. Just of a sudden my task bar and start menu froze. I couldn't open start menu or do any actions in the task bar. After some search online I run a command through Powershell and Start Menu functionality
    came back but I lost many Icons In the new start menu environment, a few in the task bar and all Metro apps links inside the start menu are broken. I can't start any metro app. I can't find anything to solve my problem online.

And all that a few days after I installed the Fall Update.

DimitrisKel, May 3, 2016
  3. Anyone have a clue who to yell at about the Start menu & the new changes, i want classic

Anyone have a clue who to yell at about the Start menu & the new changes, i want classic menu. I'm good with XP, Vista or Windows 7 start menu, but I don't want 3rd party customization. I'm sure there are enough people they could add a classic option for
    those of us that want it. I hate metro the Xbox menu was great till metro. just because it works for kids and those that like windows phones doesn't mean I want it on my PC. the contact page used to have email addresses, but now you can chat or get a phone
    call. I Didn't mind the start menu the way it was but they screwed it up with the anniversary edition upgrade.

MarshallClark, May 3, 2016
Thema:

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

1. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal - Similar Threads - Custom Start Menu

2. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  3. Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...: Hi everyone, just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and usually i would spend a bit of time forcefully removing apps from the start menu, but in recent times ive had issues with not being able to update Windows 10, presumably because i've removed something i've not supposed...
  4. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  5. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  6. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  7. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  8. Start and Metro Apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  9. Adding and remove metro apps from start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719
  10. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore: I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening? 10416