Windows 10: Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?

Discus and support Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Could I make it so I can play the Windows XP Startup/Shutdown Sound without using Third-Party applications such as Windows Startup Changer or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/calebized, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?

Could I make it so I can play the Windows XP Startup/Shutdown Sound without using Third-Party applications such as Windows Startup Changer or something like that? Thanks.

submitted by /u/calebized
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/calebized, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Nov 15, 2020
  4. jaustin Win User

Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?

No Startup or Shutdown Sound

An interesting suggestion with partial results.

I tried to delete the key as directed but it would not let me?

So I modified the key value from "(value not set)" to 1 and then to 0 and got the same following results for both modified settings:

Using both methods of shutdown described earlier I did get a startup sound!
    I did not get a shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

So with the value set to 0 once again I tried to delete the key. It would not delete but the value changed back to the original "(value not set)" condition. Upon further testing with this condition reset back to same "(value not set)" I still got the startup sound as the 0 and 1 setting and did not get a Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds as before.

Windows 10 seems buggy with inconsistent results. However I did get a startup sound after I modified the values (and attempted to delete) the key you suggested. I can toggle the startup sound now via the control panel mentioned earlier by checking or unchecking the appropriate box. Thank you.

Post Edit: The "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" box has to be unchecked in Power Options for the startup sound to work under the above conditions. Apparently, checking this does circumvent checking to "Play Windows Startup sound" in Sounds within the Control Panel. I still have not been able to enable a shutdown sound so this thread title remains partially solved.

I would welcome more expert comments - especially concerning enabling Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

jaustin, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?

1. Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications? - Similar Threads - Custom Startup Shutdown

2. Various third party applications are becoming suspended in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various third party applications are becoming suspended in windows 10: Hi,One user keeps reporting that various third party apps such as SIMS, Chrome, Notepad, Adobe Acrobat Reader and many others are 'randomly' becoming suspended. The user reports that the suspended apps are unusable for several minutes are they become suspended. It is not the...
  3. Various third party applications are becoming suspended in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various third party applications are becoming suspended in windows 10: Hi,One user keeps reporting that various third party apps such as SIMS, Chrome, Notepad, Adobe Acrobat Reader and many others are 'randomly' becoming suspended. The user reports that the suspended apps are unusable for several minutes are they become suspended. It is not the...
  4. Various third party applications are becoming suspended in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Customize Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  6. Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup and shutdown sounds: Hello. I have Windows 10. I want to change the Windows's default startup and shutdown sounds, with the old ones from Windows 95I am nostalgic, I liked them a lot. I tried to use the method to change some registry entries, replace them in Control Panelwith the .wav extension...
  7. Can we get SHA values of executables in Windows without using any third party Application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can we get SHA values of executables in Windows without using any third party Application?: Can we get SHA values of executables in Windows without using any third party Application? If yes, Please let me know the process. Thank You!!...
  8. CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION GUARD WITH THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS: I want to use windows defender application guard with third party antivirus kaspersky total security 2019. . I already disabled windows defender gpo permanently to avoid conflicts . so my windows is running with windows 10 1903 64bit 18362.175 together with...
  9. Getting white screen in third Party application by using ActiveX in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting white screen in third Party application by using ActiveX in Windows 10: Hi Team, I am Syclo / SMP Consultant, we are provided Syclo Mobile application and Map application to the Field Force Engineers in Windows devices. We are getting white screen (all fields are hidden / disable) in Syclo application when we capture the data from Map...
  10. Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.: I'm constantly running into the issue what should I allow to install in my PC's and laptops. Usually what disqualifies them it is asking for excessive permissions. I think there should be standard set where user would be able to access and change each individual permission...