Windows 10: Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Discus and support Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HRYZAK, Dec 30, 2015.

1. HRYZAK Win User

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is 'checked'. However, the personalized sound does notplay at 'startup ' (no sound at all), but onlyplaysupon a 'restart'. I did try winaero's "Startup Sound Changer", with no success. Sure could use some assistance.
    PC Information:
    HP STREAM 13-c010nr
    Windows 10 HOME (x64)
    Version: 151
    OS Build: 10586.36
    I have looked through the Registry and noted that "Window Logon" is associated with:
    (default)/ RG_SZ/ Windows Logon
    DispFileName/ RG_SZ/ @MMRes.dll,-5853"
    ExcludeFromCPL/ REG_DWORD/ 0x00000000 (0)
    Not sure if this needs to modified/adjusted or if a new Key needs to be created. (I'm assuming that '-5853' is the default startup sound.)
    Again, I'm baffled and would appreciate some guidance.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

:)

HRYZAK, Dec 30, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Dec 30, 2015
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

1. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP" - Similar Threads - Custom Startup Sound

2. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  3. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  4. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to add Custom windows startup sound?

How to add Custom windows startup sound?: I did the reg edit for logoff logon and exit and set the exclude to 0 for all 3. I went into my sound settings and set Windows 95 as the noise for logon logoff and clicked apply and checked Window's startup soundbox. did the power button thing to see if that would fix the no...
  6. Customize Startup Sound

Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  7. How to make a custom startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make a custom startup sound?: So after 4 hours, trying the "sounds" way, trying the "create a task" way I get nothing at all. And when I do the "sounds way" and enable windows startup sound I get the windows 8 sound no matter how much I change it submitted by /u/WesternRollsRoyce [link] [comments]...
  8. My custom startup sounds are not playing. Any suggestions?

My custom startup sounds are not playing. Any suggestions?: I was trying to change my startup sound to the windows 95 sound. i managed to do it but now when i turn on my HP laptop, the default sound plays. Pls help....
  9. Odd sound played at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd sound played at startup: Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vns0l258g2b6jpo/odd__sound.mp4/file Does anything know what is causing this ?...
  10. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355