Windows 10: Custom Templates Not Showing in Word Opening Screem

Discus and support Custom Templates Not Showing in Word Opening Screem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just installed Office 365 on a new machine after using 2010 for years on another machine. I have not been able to get two custom templates to appear... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bluewind, May 17, 2021.

1. Bluewind Win User

Custom Templates Not Showing in Word Opening Screem

I just installed Office 365 on a new machine after using 2010 for years on another machine. I have not been able to get two custom templates to appear anywhere on Word's opening screen. I would like to have them right between Blank Document and Welcome to Word. How do I make this happen? and get rid of many of the other unneeded templates. Thank you Windows 10 Ver 20H2

:)

Bluewind, May 17, 2021

2. Lost custom Word 2016 templates

Where are my custom Word 2016 templates after reinstall?

After a Windows 10 update apparently caused application corruption, my Word 2016 displayed the "need to activate" error. Troubleshooting fix reinstalled Office! Now of course my custom document design templates are missing. Are they still in a folder somewhere?
    It will be days of work to reconstruct them, and will munge documents if I don't hae them.

ElleKayeme, May 17, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Ya'll are missing the original question

Custom Templates Not Showing in Word Opening Screem [​IMG]

Word is not in the Open with selection list. He wants to add it to that specific .pdf Open with list.

Ztruker, May 17, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Hi, FWIW, I found that Atlantis Word was already added to the Open With list for .pdf's - although it is incapable of opening them.
    (Is that so with Word?)

It did show in the Open With list, and when clicked stated it could not open the pdf except as a text file (or similar). I.e. it gave a sensible warning message.

I therefore chose to delete it from the Open With options for pdf. Why it was added I don't know.

In your case it seemed Word had been successfully added - you add an item, click to Save it, and then should see this confirmation:

Perhaps if a program not registered to handle an extension is added to the Open With list for that extension, it doesn't appear in the menu- would have to test that.

** Well, I tried adding Wordpad to the OW list for png, and it appeared in it, and attempted to open the file- garbage of course.

I wonder if Word might have appeared in the Choose another app list..

Example of a lot of options being presented (png)

dalchina, May 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Custom Templates Not Showing in Word Opening Screem - Similar Threads - Custom Templates Showing

2. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  3. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  4. Word templates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word templates: I am using Microsoft 365.(Win 10) I use word a lot. This morning I opened Word and I usually see along the top several templates. Blank, and then single space and a few others. All gone except for Blank document What happened? Any suggestions? How do I create a custom...
  5. customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize Windows folder template reverts back and it is not saved: On Windows 10, File Explorer includes five different templates to customize the view of folders, including "General items" default for every new folder, "Documents," "Pictures," "Music," and "Videos." Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, I cannot customize my folders from...
  6. GPedit.msc not showing administrative templates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPedit.msc not showing administrative templates: Im using windows 10 home and ran a .bat to turn on GPedit to turn off auto update for some of my drivers. The first time i opened the gpedit everything worked fine, but now i cannot see Administrative templates and everytime i try to open anything on Group policy it gives me...
  7. Word Calendar Template

Word Calendar Template: I am using a Word calendar template. I have created all my calendar entries and save it as a word document. However, each time I open the document it keeps asking me to pick a month - just like a new template. Please help...
  8. Word calendar template

Word calendar template: I am using a Word calendar template. I have created all my calendar entries and save it as a word document. However, each time I open the document it keeps asking me to pick a month - just like a new template. Please help...
  9. Lost custom Word 2016 templates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost custom Word 2016 templates: Where are my custom Word 2016 templates after reinstall? After a Windows 10 update apparently caused application corruption, my Word 2016 displayed the "need to activate" error. Troubleshooting fix reinstalled Office! Now of course my custom document design templates are...
  10. How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible?: Greetings, everyone. As the title reads, I'd want to know how to create custom folder templates, in case it's possible. I'm already using the five existing ones so I'd want to have a sixth one. My case is I have my installed software classified in folders by type of...