Windows 10: Custom Toolbar disappears from Taskbar after updates, some reboots

Discus and support Custom Toolbar disappears from Taskbar after updates, some reboots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a constant issue. I see questions about it going back to 2013. FIX THIS MICROSOFT!!! The custom toolbar I create through right click taskbar,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Traffer, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Traffer Win User

Custom Toolbar disappears from Taskbar after updates, some reboots

This is a constant issue. I see questions about it going back to 2013. FIX THIS MICROSOFT!!!

The custom toolbar I create through right click taskbar, toolbars, new toolbar... disappears on Windows updates and some reboots. Each time this happens, the ink workspace icon, which i had previously removed , reappears.

The only solution I've seen posted in these Microsoft 'solutions' is to remove the language bar. But that's a worthless solution if you require more than one language on your system.

I keep a folder documents, my CustomFolder folder, which allows me to quickly restore the custom toolbar I've created when it disappears. But this is not a solution.

Microsoft, you out there?

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.928 although it's been happening for YEARS, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

Traffer, Apr 20, 2021
  2. pouj1976 Win User

Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803

Hi,

just upgraded to v1803.

Since that when I reboot the system my custom toolbar disappears from the taskbar.

I can add it again, it still contains all the icons I've placed to it earlier.

But when I reboot again (e.g. doing shut down) the toolbar itself is not present in the taskbar anymore.

pouj1976, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Algebe Win User
    Custom toolbar disappears from taskbar after startup in Windows 10

After the last Windows 10 update, my custom toolbar has started to disappear from the taskbar every time I start up my computer. The taskbar survives a reboot about 50% of the time but always disappears after a shutdown/startup.

I also use the language bar. I've found that the toolbar survives if the language bar is restored to the desktop before shutting down. However, I need both the toolbar and the language bar on the task bar. That was the situation I had before the update.
    How can I get back to that situation?

Algebe, Apr 20, 2021
  4. pouj1976 Win User

Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803

Hi Greg,

I'm using no app or utility.

Just a toolbar created by myself in a regular way, i.e. by specifying a folder with shortcuts:

Right-click on the taskbar -> Toolbars -> New toolbar...

Then I specify the folder with the shortcuts.

This toolbar disappears when I reboot the computer.

pouj1976, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Custom Toolbar disappears from Taskbar after updates, some reboots - Similar Threads - Custom Toolbar disappears

2. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear: Sometimes when a start up my laptop there are three icons on the quick start toolbar missing, its always the the same three icons although im still able to use the blank spaces to open up the apps ie ebay. I have been able to restore these icons in the past i have forgotten...
  3. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear: Sometimes when a start up my laptop there are three icons on the quick start toolbar missing, its always the the same three icons although im still able to use the blank spaces to open up the apps ie ebay. I have been able to restore these icons in the past i have forgotten...
  4. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar disappear after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappear after update: Device name TABLET-S8NLKATK Processor Microsoft SQ3 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable Device ID C9CC62DA-E754-436B-A22F-AEE30A820221 Product ID 00356-06282-25322-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support...
  6. Taskbar disappear after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappear after update: Device name TABLET-S8NLKATK Processor Microsoft SQ3 3.00 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable Device ID C9CC62DA-E754-436B-A22F-AEE30A820221 Product ID 00356-06282-25322-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor Pen and touch Pen and touch support...
  7. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu: This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-toolbars-item-has-disappeared-from-the-taskbar/36664bc0-7ec5-4079-8e71-79fd2a71c0a8
  8. Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10

Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10: Hello, I had custom toolbars in windows 10 but after a while they disappeared and I don't find anyway to restore or create them as you can see in the screenshot. I searched in the net if there is a solution or it is just Microsoft who removed the menu from Windows 10 but I...
  9. toolbar disapearing from the taskbar

toolbar disapearing from the taskbar: Hello, I have Windows 10 build 18363.778 and lately the custom toolbar I have on my taskbar disappears from time to time, forcing me to create it all over again. Also, when I move the toolbar to the left-side of the taskbar close to the start Windows button, all shortcuts in...
  10. Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803

Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803: Hi, just upgraded to v1803. Since that when I reboot the system my custom toolbar disappears from the taskbar. I can add it again, it still contains all the icons I've placed to it earlier. But when I reboot again (e.g. doing shut down) the toolbar itself is not present...