Windows 10: Custom usb drive icon not appearing

Discus and support Custom usb drive icon not appearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Omish, May 29, 2019.

1. Omish Win User

Custom usb drive icon not appearing

hello all
    I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains :
    [AutoRun]
    Icon=Omid.ico
    Label=Omid
    and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is the problem? looks like the autorun file is completely ignored !

:)

Omish, May 29, 2019

2. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

Custom usb drive icon not appearing [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

Custom usb drive icon not appearing [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, May 29, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    one drive icons not appearing on Notification area

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if Notification setting for One Drive Is turned on. Follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and Select Settings.
    • Select System and Click on Notification and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icon to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on the notification for One Drive.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 29, 2019
  4. Custom usb drive icon not appearing

Windows 10: Permanent Custom Folder Icon on external USB Flash Drive?

am i missing something? the drive letter (and the path to the icon) would be different on another computer, I thought I made it clear I want the icon to appear on any and all computers the USB drive is plugged into

RetratsRevo, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Custom usb drive icon not appearing

1. Custom usb drive icon not appearing - Similar Threads - Custom usb drive

2. Custom folder icons on Networked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom folder icons on Networked drives: I have literally hundreds of folders on several networked drives that I created custom icons for. As of the 22H2 Windows 11 Pro update, they have all disappeared. If I roll back the update, they all appear again. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a fix...
  3. Custom folder icons on Networked drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom folder icons on Networked drives: I have literally hundreds of folders on several networked drives that I created custom icons for. As of the 22H2 Windows 11 Pro update, they have all disappeared. If I roll back the update, they all appear again. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a fix...
  4. Building custom PE USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Building custom PE USB drive: Noob question. Im building Aomei PE boot usb drive to safely recover my computer if or when needed. I need to add a driver file to this build ,being my wireless keyboard and mouse as the std Aomei ver2 PE builder does not automatically add wireless devices drivers. Where do i...
  5. USB drives appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drives appear and disappear: Ok, got a bit of a strange one this morning which happened after I opened an excel file from the office via VPN could be just a coincidence it happened at that time though. Anyway, the USB drive icon in the sys tray disappeared and then appeared and started randomly...
  6. USB - Autorun.ico, and Drive Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    USB - Autorun.ico, and Drive Icons: Hi. My first post. Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.592) Big problems with USB icons. Previously I have been able to set USB Drive Icons in the Registry. Now they do not work. Hard Drive and DVDs are fine, but not USBs or SDs. Similarly autorun.inf wuth autorun.ico, do...
  7. Strange USB-Drive Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange USB-Drive Icons: Hello, I really need some help. Since Yesterday all my USB-Drive Icons look like on this Screenshot [img] But only when i connect to the Internet otherwise they look normal [img] I have this problem on all of my PC's. When I am connected to the Internet for every...
  8. Custom usc drive icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom usc drive icon not appearing: hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico Label=Omid and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is...
  9. Windows 10: Permanent Custom Folder Icon on external USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Permanent Custom Folder Icon on external USB Flash Drive?: Hello. My question is how can I customize the folder icons on a portable drive like a flash drive? I've learned how to change the drive icon itself, but I want to change the folder icons within the drive directory so that the set icons appear in whatever PC it's connected...
  10. Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar: My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application icons and the clock. Missing are "My PC" and the Notification tray. How do I get my taskbar back to normal? No amount of...