Windows 10: Custom usc drive icon not appearing

Discus and support Custom usc drive icon not appearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Omish, May 16, 2019.

1. Omish Win User

Custom usc drive icon not appearing

hello all
    I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains :
    [AutoRun]
    Icon=Omid.ico
    Label=Omid
    and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is the problem? looks like the autorun file is completely ignored !

:)

Omish, May 16, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

one drive icons not appearing on Notification area

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if Notification setting for One Drive Is turned on. Follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and Select Settings.
    • Select System and Click on Notification and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icon to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on the notification for One Drive.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 16, 2019
  3. Custom Network location icon?

Hi Jane,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Is the system connected to domain?

Please be informed that you may customize the Network icon. You may not be able to customize the available
    networks under the Network. Try the below steps and check if it helps to customize the Network icon.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Themes from the left navigation pane.

• Click on Desktop icon settings.

• Click on Network and click on
      Change icon

• Select the icon which you prefer and click on
      OK

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    The above steps will help you to customize the Network icon.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 16, 2019
  4. Custom usc drive icon not appearing

laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Custom usc drive icon not appearing

1. Custom usc drive icon not appearing - Similar Threads - Custom usc drive

2. Custom folder icons on Networked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom folder icons on Networked drives: I have literally hundreds of folders on several networked drives that I created custom icons for. As of the 22H2 Windows 11 Pro update, they have all disappeared. If I roll back the update, they all appear again. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a fix...
  3. Custom folder icons on Networked drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom folder icons on Networked drives: I have literally hundreds of folders on several networked drives that I created custom icons for. As of the 22H2 Windows 11 Pro update, they have all disappeared. If I roll back the update, they all appear again. Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a fix...
  4. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons: Hi,Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-create-icon-handlers article we have implemented a change of custom icons of various files in the Windows file explorer. When same is being used for box synced folder placeholder file's callback for...
  5. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons: Hi,Based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/how-to-create-icon-handlers article we have implemented a change of custom icons of various files in the Windows file explorer. When same is being used for box synced folder placeholder file's callback for...
  6. Box Drive's placeholder file's custom icons or overlay icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Custom usb drive icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom usb drive icon not appearing: hello all I'm trying to make my usb drive icon reappear using an "autorun.inf" file. this is what my file contains : [AutoRun] Icon=Omid.ico Label=Omid and it is copied to the flash drive as well as the icon file. the name of the icon is exactly as written above. so what is...
  8. Edge Appearance/Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Appearance/Customization: Why, for the love of all that is holy in programming, can I NOT change the dull grey appearance of Edge? I can customize (to a VERY small degree) my explorer windows. I get a choice of some colors. Edge ignores those border choices and stays with its dull grey. C'mon......
  9. Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?: Greetings! Quite some time ago I went the extra mile in making custom Folder Icons for quite a lot of my stuff - Mainly because it's easier to navigate the content when watched from a TV more than an arm length away as even with magnification it's kind of a pain in the ass...
  10. Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar: My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application icons and the clock. Missing are "My PC" and the Notification tray. How do I get my taskbar back to normal? No amount of...